Do any stations play 70's music?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any stations play 70's music?

Do any stations play 70's music?

The 70's seem to be in exile in Atlanta radio. Every now and then someone will go there. THEN, you travel south of the city through Newnan and pick up a station like WKEU 88.9 which thrives on 70's music. That's when you realize just what you've been missing (all the classic tracks). I'd take the 70's over Justin Bieger any day of the week!
    USA Dance Mix Atlanta's 24/7 streaming Dance station. (Dance-Disco-House 1977 to today) iTUNES (Electronica section), Tunein, Streema, Nobex, Ootunes, etc.

Windows Media Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.asx
    Winamp Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.pls
    Real Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.ram
    Quicktime Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.qtl

WKEU is a non-commercial station that isn't based on advertiser support. A major market commercial FM station that seeks advertisers isn't likely to play the same music as a suburban non-com.

I do hear “Painted Black” by the Stones every couple of days on 97.1. Not sure of the date but I heard remember hearing it on my transistor radio on both WCFL and WLS when dad got transferred to Chicago. That would be between 1963 and 1968. A lot of “Southern Rock”: Almond Brothers, Marshal Tucker and Lynard Skynard was recorded in the 1970’s .

Doing the math, 1979 high school senior (18) would have been born in 1961 making him / her 56 and out of the money demos.

103.7 Chuck FM plays some 1970s disco, post-disco, and new wave pop. Not as much as they used to.

Both of the rock stations play a lot of 1970s classic rock--you name it. Rock100.5 plays less these days but they still play some. River 97.1 has added the post-Sgt. Pepper Beatles back to their playlist, so they still play plenty of 1970s. I woke up to AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" (1979) this AM.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

You guys need to get a HD capable radio because WRAS HD3 has a great 70s and 80s format.

I believe it "Paint It Black."

Here's what you do. Get an old computer (Pentium 2 is fine). Download Zararadio software (its free). Then download all the mp3 songs you can from any one of the free music sites out there. Load all that up on the PC and you can make tapes (or CDs) that you can listen to in the car or whatever.
    Get a PC that has a line output rather than speaker output if you are dubbing to a cassette recorder. Be sure to change the factory default blend from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
    If you don't want to do all that you can buy a radio station and program it the way you (and I) want. But that might be kind of expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by wavo View Post
    You guys need to get a HD capable radio because WRAS HD3 has a great 70s and 80s format.
    Is the HD3 feed available online? TuneIn only has the main feed and the Album 88 HD2 feed.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice View Post
    I do hear “Painted Black” by the Stones every couple of days on 97.1. Not sure of the date but I heard remember hearing it on my transistor radio on both WCFL and WLS when dad got transferred to Chicago. That would be between 1963 and 1968. A lot of “Southern Rock”: Almond Brothers, Marshal Tucker and Lynard Skynard was recorded in the 1970’s .

Doing the math, 1979 high school senior (18) would have been born in 1961 making him / her 56 and out of the money demos.
    Paint It Black

Quote Originally Posted by jabba17 View Post
    Is the HD3 feed available online? TuneIn only has the main feed and the Album 88 HD2 feed.
    Too bad they don't stream it!
    It still says "testing" so I have no idea if it is permanent or just something they threw on to make 0s and 1s. I listen quite often and am usually amazed to hear a track I haven't heard since sliced bread was invented.
    I called the number listed on the WRAS website as the request line a year ago and the woman who answered had no idea what I was talking about. She didn't even understand that HER show was on the 88.5 HD2 channel!

Seems to me that you ought to be able to hear old music on an old radio. Just an idea of mine.
    The oldies demographic is growing. People are living longer. Just look at our president-elect. He's 70 years old and sharp as a tack.
    And he's even still got p-word on the brain.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast