• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBC News Radio vs. Fox News Headlines 24/7

News24/7

New Participating Member
These are 2 all news radio stations in America that broadcast a "headline round-up" format. First channel is on iHeartRadio, while the latter comes from SiriusXM. I've known that, Fox News Headlines 24/7 delivers the very latest information, refreshed every 15 minutes. So I'm wondering about, if NBC News Radio refreshed the news as frequent as Fox News Headlines 24/7, or they just repeated the same newscast again and again? Also, which station is better for you to get the news quickly?

Neither. I'd dial up WCBS, WBBM or a similar all news station should I want to hear all-news.

If you have Sirius, the Fox Headline News, IMO, is the better product. The NBC product isn't bad at all, just not as crisp nor refreshed as frequently. It is free, however, where the Fox product requires a Sirius/XM subscription.

NBC News Radio is an in house Iheart all-news feed.

Also Iheart also has a second all news feed called AP Radio News and its less entertainment stories than the NBC News radio feed.
It's done by AP and Iheart staff TTBOMK.

However in my area I use KXJZ, KQED and KCBS Radio for news content.

I also use the ABC Radio feed from Slacker app.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Radio

My link only shows Fox News Radio as fully owned by Fox News? Wait I thought Iheart still have a contract with Fox News for distribution over certain talk show hosts like Alan Colmes

The product the OP was referring to is exclusive to Sirius/XM and debuted in late 2015. It is a headline news format.

I prefer CBS Radio News online. http://tunein.com/radio/CBS-Radio-News-s129948/
They offer the hourly newscast, plus all sorts of interviews, commentaries, the CBS Radio Weekend Roundup, bits from the CBS Morning Newscast on TV, bits from 60 Minutes, etc. Very well done in my opinion.

If you have Sirius, the Fox Headline News, IMO, is the better product. The NBC product isn't bad at all, just not as crisp nor refreshed as frequently. It is free, however, where the Fox product requires a Sirius/XM subscription.

Fox News Headlines 24/7 is also live, around the clock, with a dedicated editorial staff to support it. It also pulls resources from Fox News Radio and the Fox News Channel, with live or fresh-filed field reports from correspondents.

NBC News Radio is a leased-name for which iHeart pays NBC. It's never live. And the other day, I heard a segment begin with "President-Elect Trump will hold a news conference today." The conference in question had ended hours ago. Since this segment was recorded (well) before the news conference happened, it didn't include anything of what transpired during the newscast, including the President-Elect's heated discussions, which what ended up being the lead that night on all major newscasts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom