• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Birmingham Radio Ratings - Fall 2016

These were released a few days ago. WJOX-FM moves up to #3 spot. WZZK slides downward and takes place #4. Santa and the Christmas fare has been good to WMJJ. The new talk format at WZRR "Talk 99.5" continues to do well, beating WERC-AM/FM :O. WPYA "97.3 Play" up again slightly, but still close to the bottom of the barrel. The FM translators (with the exception of WMJJ HD2, "The Beat") along with WJQX 100.5 round out the bottom four stations.

Here's the entire list of stations and numbers:
http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb095

I realize the limited reach of the translators is going to hamper their ability to garner competitive ratings… but do they not advertise any of these signals at all beyond a cursory Facebook page or Twitter feed that no one can find?

At least for Birmingham Mountain Radio, they ran an in-city billboard campaign -- plus an occasional TV spot -- during most of the past year. Results do not show up as blockbuster 12+ ratings, but BMR is chock-full of spots and sponsorships.

Nothing surprises me about the B-Ham radio ratings. I didn't expect too much of a change with them. With that being said, I still find most of their dial very boring and bland. WDJC is included with that. Miss hearing Mr. Ronnie Bruce. He was a great man of God indeed. Now that he's gone, I've lost all interest in that station.

Dan <><

P.S. Still love me some Old Fashioned Midday Music Hour and their wonderful broadcast of the great Reformed Preachers on WGIB, the WLJR broadcast of anyone that Preaches from a Reformed Tradition, some of the songs played on WBFR and WZAL-LP Alabaster. Those choices keep me entertained, when I'm traveling through that area. The liners on WZAL-LP are very neat. I love the way they were created and are presented. The author and DJ that made and announce them are class acts.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom