W288DD translating WINZ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W288DD translating WINZ

I was in N. Broward, S. Palm Beach this morning and Edgewater is still on 91.7. If WINZ will be on the other two translators permanently then it must be a soft launch because the website, Twitter and FB for WINZ make no mention of it as of this morning. Either way it would be nice to finally be able to get the Marlins on the radio at night where I live. They don't give me much of a reason to listen, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by itsRoly4266 View Post
    I have an HD Radio portable home receiver and can CONFIRM that 940 WINZ is now on 94.9 WZTU-HD2.
    They announced WINZ and WZTU-HD2 today.

So all three AM Sports stations are now on HD2 signals. HD radios are becoming more commonplace. I have one in my car and I just bought the new Sangean HDR 16, a portable AM FM HD receiver. Best use of HD in Miami is 105.1's Classic Soul format. I heard it last month.I'll be heading down in two weeks. I hope it is still there. IHeart runs a Standards channel. With a lot of seniors in South Florida that would be a natural for one of the IHeart stations. I heard it on the HD2 channel of a Raleigh NC station. Sounded great.

Quote Originally Posted by benale View Post
    So all three AM Sports stations are now on HD2 signals. HD radios are becoming more commonplace. I have one in my car and I just bought the new Sangean HDR 16, a portable AM FM HD receiver. Best use of HD in Miami is 105.1's Classic Soul format. I heard it last month.I'll be heading down in two weeks. I hope it is still there. IHeart runs a Standards channel. With a lot of seniors in South Florida that would be a natural for one of the IHeart stations. I heard it on the HD2 channel of a Raleigh NC station. Sounded great.
    Yep!

940 WINZ Miami Sports on TU 94.9-HD2
    560 WQAM Sportsradio on Power 96.5-HD2
    790 The Ticket on 104.3 The Shark-HD2

Quote Originally Posted by benale View Post
    Best use of HD in Miami is 105.1's Classic Soul format. I heard it last month.I'll be heading down in two weeks.
    Soulfire is the longest continuously running original subchannel in Miami. WLRN has Classical 24.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Listening to the Marlins v Mets game on 94.5 FM and it sounds great. WINZ still doesn't seem to be promoting the FM service on the air or on the web so is this just a placeholder until someone leases the HD signal that feeds the translator?

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    WINZ still doesn't seem to be promoting the FM service on the air or on the web so is this just a placeholder until someone leases the HD signal that feeds the translator?
    TranslatorS
    Seems that way for both of them.
    Last edited by ai4i; 04-16-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Sounds like 94.5 W233AP is back in the God business

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    Sounds like 94.5 W233AP is back in the God business
    They're calling it Freedom Radio FM
    Same tower as WYBP.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    They're calling it Freedom Radio FM
    Same tower as WYBP.
    Bummer. I guess it's day games only for me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123