Kjoi & koko
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kjoi & koko

Kjoi & koko

KJOI-LP I'm hearing on 100.5 with very low audio level -- I'm assuming this is the Meadow lakes translator that was running K-Love
    Radio Locator is showing KOKO now has a 50 watt @ 50' translator on 99.7

Quote Originally Posted by mofocat View Post
    KJOI-LP I'm hearing on 100.5 with very low audio level -- I'm assuming this is the Meadow lakes translator that was running K-Love
    Radio Locator is showing KOKO now has a 50 watt @ 50' translator on 99.7
    Oh great, now KIOO is going to be blocked in Fresno like KZPO is when LP 103.3 went on. Why are they allowed this? they have that repeater at Valentine and 180, and there main signal overlaps that one also, what is the point of this?

I like the KJOI repeater, I just heard them mentioning the Auberry repeater at the TOH, I noticed KJOI is more 70s and 80s and not playing Adult Standards anymore, it sounds like the New K-Jewel 105.5 in a way.
    Last edited by kenrayc; 01-06-2017 at 04:57 PM.

After my last post, I went on deliveries and the 99.7 repeater only interferes with KIOO S/W of Downtown Fresno, all other areas Clovis, and East Fresno are fine, still don't understand the propose, makes as much sense as a screen door in a submarine.

100.5 today driving was subject to all kind of interference from KMEN and KMQA even in Clovis, must be one of those Tropo conditions, now as of 5:30 there's dead air.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrayc View Post
    100.5 today driving was subject to all kind of interference from KMEN and KMQA even in Clovis, must be one of those Tropo conditions, now as of 5:30 there's dead air.
    KJOI 0n 100.5 is fairly clear here- north of Bullard n Minnewawa - BUT the audio is SO LOW it could be mistaken for dead air. Not hearing much of KMEN or KQMA. I really can't hear the KOKO xlator on 99.7 but I think it is messing with KIOO.

The 103.3 LPFM ... I can hear better some days (or time of day) better than others- I can move the radio or the whip to hear one or the other- KZPO or KOFP-LP (Sangean PRD15 - very good FM - but only a 30in. whip))

I can't help it ! LOL DXing is in my blood. I found i can actually discern KJOI on 104.3 - barely in the mush - by seeing what is playing on 100.5 and listening for it / hearing it in the mush on 104.3
    makes me think am FM yogi w a decent receiver could pull it out

Quote Originally Posted by mofocat View Post
    KOKO now has a 50 watt @ 50' translator on 99.7
    Boy that's a shame. In that location especially, I would understand if it were some where in the northeast but 94.3 sounds fine there.

Angry

99.7 is another frequency that is blocked......TERRIFIC!!!!

Pretty soon maybe the FM band should be expanded kind of like the AM band was in the early 90's.
    Last edited by DanielBoone; 01-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Ok so at 1:40 AM I turned east onto Jensen from Dickenson. Listening to 99.7 KIOO (for a reason) sounded not too bad, as usual and as expected. Had KOKO programmed in on the #1 button and 99.7 #2, don't know why I thought to make 104.3 #3 coming out of Raisin City but I did, comes in alright out there with a good radio.

I was starting to think this new 99.7 KOKO-LP (I know thats not the calls, just my working name for it) must not be on. Then right as I cross Blythe a perfectly usable KIOO turns to KJOI! I repeat, KJOI! (adult standards btw) Holds strong till Fruit, couldn't listen to either station by Walnut, mostly KIOO by MLK and just east of Elm it is like KOKOKJOI-LP never even existed. The tower is on Church so this is nearly the the whole east-west range. Either the station is not up to full power, or it is more or less useless. Except as a wealthy man's hobby.

And yes I am jealous. I would build one in the backyard if I thought I would get away with it, and/or afford the engineering/licensing process. But really, if the frequency can't just be left vacant I would much rather see it be a translator for one of the AMers.
    Last edited by brettbutlerisok; 01-08-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbutlerisok View Post

I was starting to think this new 99.7 KOKO-LP (I know thats not the calls, just my working name for it) must not be on. Then right as I cross Blythe a perfectly usable KIOO turns to KJOI! I repeat, KJOI! (adult standards btw)
    wait... what? You are saying that the repeater LP99.7 owned by KOKO 94.3, is carring KJOI 104.3 programming instead of KOKO 94.3.
    Last edited by kenrayc; 01-09-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast