96.5 AMP WZMP flips to AC As "Today's 96.5"
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 96.5 AMP WZMP flips to AC As "Today's 96.5"

96.5 AMP WZMP flips to AC As "Today's 96.5"

So now between this and Mix adding in the 80s, we've got THREE stations that lean AC.
    MORE will still come out fine like they always do.

They couldn't compete against the market's Top 40 station so they think it'll work better to compete basically with the middling Hot AC and the ever-dominant Mainstream AC? Interesting.

{Just. Put. KYW. On. FM. Already.}

That having been said (LOL), I'm listening now and the variety is pretty amazing so far. Maybe they actually have figured something out here! (Is anyone else playing "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow and "Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige?) More FM will be fine but this could be the death knell for Mix 106. Sounds like this format could also cause some heartburn for BEN-FM.

I wonder if there's any significance to January 5. I mean, why not flip at midnight on New Year's Day? Or why not stunt with Christmas music during December? (Those are just the contents of my head.)
    Last edited by Miguelito; 01-05-2017 at 10:42 AM.

I agree. KYW newsradio 96.5. Will 96.5 pull listeners from WOGL?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_W View Post
    I Will 96.5 pull listeners from WOGL?
    Honestly, looking at the playlist so far, 96.5 has been keeping it pretty much 90s-Now, avoiding essentially anything that may play on WOGL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_W View Post
    I agree. KYW newsradio 96.5. Will 96.5 pull listeners from WOGL?
    If this flops, I can't imagine they'll try attacking someone else instead of just finally putting KYW on the FM band. BTW: The new format seems to have some overlap with WOGL. They played "Don't You (Forget About Me)" [1985] by Simple Minds, which I assume WOGL has played as well. But this is not a format for fans of Classic Hits. When Mary J. Blige comes on, they'd likely scurry back to 98.1. LOL.

It will be interesting to see if CBS makes 96.5 mostly '90s-to-now and WOGL strictly '70s-1989.
    Last edited by Miguelito; 01-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.

I noticed the HD2 and 3 stayed the same, Pulse and Talk Philly. Usually when a station flips they move the replaced format to one of their sides.

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    Is this the first AMP Radio station to fail?

CBS just flipped KKHH Houston in the past week to adult hits, some of these changes may be a re-evaluation of all their formats in all markets.

We welcome Delaware Valley radio listeners to 96.5, this is TODAY'S 96.5, as for tomorrow's 96.5? Well your guess is as as good as ours, we'll find out in about 18 months!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast