• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Never Gonna Let You Go - Joe Pizzulo and Leza Miller

Ok, I have a problem

Why does Sérgio Mendes get all the credit?

All I see his name on by the song he didn't even write or sing

He's only on Keyboards

Not sure that I can answer your question, but my guess is that he was the bandleader, and he hired them to sing on his records. Pizzulo also sang on "Alibis" in 1984.

This is fairly common. One of the comments that I read on the youtube clip of this (a performance from Solid Gold) compared Mendes to Jim Brickman.

Quincy Jones and Grover Washington, Jr., also had vocalists to sing on their records.

This was fairly common in the pre-rock era. Sinatra got his start as a vocalist for a bandleader.

Yeah, James Ingram wasn't credited on several of his early recordings. Quincy Jones was. Bill Withers did the vocals on "Just the Two of Us" and Grover Washington still got the credit. Though on smooth jazz radio there's a version with more Grover and less Bill.

Sergio Mendes got the credit, or at least Brasil 66 did, on a number of great 60s recordings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom