KFOG Morning Guy Pinfield Off the Air and Into Rehab - Again

Thread: KFOG Morning Guy Pinfield Off the Air and Into Rehab - Again

Hybrid View

KFOG Morning Guy Pinfield Off the Air and Into Rehab - Again

Highly hyped KFOG morning guy (and former MTV '120 Minutes' host) Matt Pinfield is taking a leave of absence.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...ce-at-kfog-san

Kinda surprised this hasn't made the message board yet. But then maybe nobody's been listening. It's probably hard to cultivate a fanbase when one is not showing up for work.

This is not the first time by any means. But I think Pinfield made it more than just eight months doing mornings in New York; I can't be sure.

From 2009: https://stupidcelebrities.net/2009/0...-rehab-photos/

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLurking View Post

Kinda surprised this hasn't made the message board yet.
    He just announced it today. My view is waking up for morning radio would drive me to drink.

Also, this is a format steeped in over-indulgence, drugs, and alcohol. He's just living the lyrics of the music he plays. Give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    ...waking up for morning radio would drive me to drink.
    Doing morning radio? Listening to it? Both?

Cumulus-SF sure knows how to make some great hires. DreX has just started at KGO before he took several months off for medical issues, eventually leaving. Now KFOG's morning show blows up.

One has to wonder if working for Cumulus-SF is harmful to one's health.

First, Kevin Metheney passes away from a massive heart attack, followed by the aforementioned medical issues with DreX. Now this.

KFOG is a disaster that needs to be put out to pasture. The station hasn't been relevant in many years.

107.7 the Bone could use a reboot as well. Their playlist is just AWFUL. Would be nice to see an update/modernization of the playlist, not unlike what KLOS in Los Angeles has done in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    One has to wonder if working for Cumulus-SF is harmful to one's health.

First, Kevin Metheney passes away from a massive heart attack, followed by the aforementioned medical issues with DreX. Now this.

KFOG is a disaster that needs to be put out to pasture. The station hasn't been relevant in many years.

107.7 the Bone could use a reboot as well. Their playlist is just AWFUL. Would be nice to see an update/modernization of the playlist, not unlike what KLOS in Los Angeles has done in recent months.
    It would be nice if KFOG could revert to something eclectic (mix of radio friendly favorites that they play, occasional old '60s, '70s chestnuts, and a mix of deep album cuts) and challenging to the audience...the way 'free form' or the original 'AOR' formats used to be. I still maintain such a format could work in San Francisco (probably not anywhere else). It would require knowledgeable DJs would have flexibility to sometimes play what they want. These formats seem to work in retirement communities (Mendocino, Cape Cod etc.). Given how bad KFOG is doing now, why not take a chance on something like that. The current format is going nowhere fast. Every time I tune in, it's the same overplayed stuff from the '90s that has been played to death. I find myself back at Live 105, which at least plays some newer and interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    I haven't listened to The Bone in a couple of years, but even then, they seemed to be confused about what they wanted to be. For awhile it seemed they'd try to go more in a more hard rock direction, including more current or recent stuff. Then they'd go to pretty much a standard "Classic Rock" format. And back and forth. I never understood why in the late 80's/early 90's rock stations started going "Classic Rock" and completely ignoring new music even from the same artists they played in heavy rotation. Rock was probably going to fade in popularity anyways but these stations sped up the process.