• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wobq 1240

danfling

Frequent Participant
I am unable to pick up this station at my house. Last Thursday, I was in Jackson (the north side), and I heard a talk show being broadcast on WPBQ. The station seemed to be broadcasting (simulcasting?) a station from the Mississippi gulf coast. The host mentioned yesterday's program, so this must have been a daily show. When did the station begin broadcasting talk shows again?

Today (Wednesday, the 4th), I was in downtown Jackson and had difficulty picking up this station. (which I mistyped in the title: WPBQ) I was going to post that I could not pick up WPBQ or WLEZ, but Casual Observer had already posted about WLEZ.

WPBQ was being fed with a FM radio tuned to 94.3 (their FM translator). The translator appears to be off the air or way down on power possibly due to lightining damage this past weekend. I think they turned off WPBQ until the translator is fixed or they set up a different method of feeding audio to the WPBQ site.

RFB

Dan -

I was trying to listen to WPBQ 1240 AM this afternoon - nothing but WJDX 620 AM's talk programming bleeding over... Do you suppose that was the talk radio station that you heard?

--- Casual Observer

Probably hearing a 2nd harmonic of WJDX. I've noticed it before when WPBQ was off the air and in the 220 / Beasley Rd. area.

RFB

I am unable to pick up this station at my house. Last Thursday, I was in Jackson (the north side), and I heard a talk show being broadcast on WPBQ. The station seemed to be broadcasting (simulcasting?) a station from the Mississippi gulf coast. The host mentioned yesterday's program, so this must have been a daily show. When did the station begin broadcasting talk shows again?

You must've been listening to Rip Daniels, who does a show on JZ 94.5 in Gulfport. WMPR used to carry the show. WPBQ now broadcasts R&B, with 94.3 being the FM translator.

It was definitely NOT WJDX that I heard. It could have been 94.3 in Gulfport. I have heard WMPR carrying a talk show in the morning one time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom