• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fall 2016 Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbolt909

Walk of Fame Participant
Fall book now available for viewing. (Radio Online).
Nobody reached double digits. WYRK drops a couple shares.
WBEN sags and failed to get the "Election Spike" that others
forecast.

JACK and MIX have some feeble numbers for strong signals.
ALT 107.7 and KB 1520 must be truly "printing that monopoly money"
with their numbers.

Of course, none of it matters as Buffalo isn't a Top 50 market
and listeners are not needed...

20 must be truly "printing that monopoly money"
with their numbers.

Of course, none of it matters as Buffalo isn't a Top 50 market
and listeners are not needed...

Nobody said that, so don't try to spin.

What is true is that, being outside the top 50 markets there is far less national and agency business that buys by the ratings books. So it's about pleasing local direct accounts, and they buy by the cash register and don't watch every little wobble in the ratings.

My thought is: Look at all those Bills fans listening to WGR! If they knew then what we know now. Actually they probably did.

Steady downward trends for the Edge and Mix. Christmas music obvious pumped up Star's numbers. Big book for WBLK. Since we're seeing slightly less than 70% of the audience represented, I'd guess that WBFO had a pretty good book.

Steady downward trends for the Edge and Mix. Christmas music obvious pumped up Star's numbers. Big book for WBLK. Since we're seeing slightly less than 70% of the audience represented, I'd guess that WBFO had a pretty good book.

Quite probable that WBFO did well. NPR provided the only
outlet for coherent election coverage...

Of course you know that these are the "beauty contest" numbers that don't matter a whit, so any analysis or discussion isn't relevant to ratings used to sell advertising time.

While an 8.3 is good for 3rd overall, I'm very surprised WBEN didn't do better considering this had been one of THE most controversial and inflammatory election seasons....ever.

Actually, "dand" made a valid point. WHAM went up, while WBEN went down. Seems like the "news leader" might be wearing out its welcome with some folks.

Actually, "dand" made a valid point. WHAM went up, while WBEN went down. Seems like the "news leader" might be wearing out its welcome with some folks.

Could be, but keep in mind that WHAM is also the leading sports station in Rochester.

We've seen slightly less than 70% since the spring.

WHAM does not have a 5 mV/m signal anywhere in the Buffalo market. In the Summer book, the only one I have geographical data for, WHAM did not shoow in the full Buffalo book. It did show in the Spring Elmira book, though.

WHAM's hasn't been a significant player in the Buffalo market for decades.

Rochester posts have been minimal, even when the board was very active. The board traffic and participation has substantially decreased over the last year, but it's mostly driven by Buffalo posters. Still, the board is titled Buffalo/Niagara Falls/Rochester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom