• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PD Jeff Kapugi Out at WUSN-FM/Chicago

Sorry that link will not too me any good as for some reason Larz has blocked me from looking at any news stories, and I believe even posting at his message boards

I click a link from him all I get its a white page that says Forbidden in the top left hadn't corner so what is that supposed to tell you?

So? Are you familiar with the saying better late then never?

But every other source reported it a month ago, when it happened. So it's not "better late than never." It's a month later than everyone else.

Why are you defending them? It's not like you posted the story. Someone else did.

I have a more better question, why do you think that we need to have this silly debate on how old the post is, it is netter late then never since the source that wrote this didn't know or didn't have time to write it last month. Or is catching up, hey what do you think if this whole story was put up a year after it happened. Now this is going to be my final word on this, and I hope you are smart enough to drop it. Do one more post of why you think it is that necessary for a silly debate for this to happen?

And in other late breaking news:

After 36 years on the air, WLS has cancelled the National Barn Dance. Rumor on the street is that WGN may pick up the show.

(Get my point, Stagg?)

Last edited:

After 36 years on the air, WLS has cancelled the National Barn Dance. Rumor on the street is that WGN may pick up the show.

(Get my point, Stagg?)

And in other recent news about Chicago broadcasting, ABC, the owner of WENR-TV Channel 7, has merged with United Paramount Theaters, the parent company of Balaban & Katz, the owner of WBKB Channel 4. Because the FCC doesn't allow one company to own two TV stations, WBKB has been sold to CBS, who will change the call letters to WBBM-TV effective with FCC approval, and then move to Channel 2 as soon as practical. The combined company will keep WENR-TV, and will change its call letters to WBKB at the same time Channel 4 becomes WBBM-TV. UPT's management personnel will be merged into ABC's management at Channel 7, while the WBKB air talent and production personnel will be retained by CBS.

The current occupant of Channel 2, Zenith's KS2XBS, will be forced to leave the air when WBBM-TV moves in a few months, since commercial stations have priority over experimental transmitters.

There are also rumors being circulated that ABC may also purchase WLS radio, who shares 890 kc with its own WENR, from the Prairie Farmer Magazine. This is expected to occur within the next year or so.

:D

That doesn't even answer my question, and i don't know why if that is the reason that I can post there or read stories, only Larz knows in less it is by mistake.

(Get my point, Stagg?)

Assuming that it is a syndicated show, I doubt that WGN Radio will air the show, as mainly they are one of the few talk stations in America, and they are the only one that I am aware of, that airs most of their talk programming live and local with a few syndicated shows that mainly airs live and local talk shows then syndicated talks shows that air during the week or even weekend. As far as I am the only syndicated shows that airs on WGN Radio are between 5:30-6:30 AM which is The Lutheran Hour and I think Love changes Life is the only other syndicated show that is on their schedule, other then that all the rest of it is local talk. Starting at 6:30 AM Steve Dale does his half hour pet talk show before he turns it for the Chicago Tribune politics writer Rick Pearson to post a 2 hour politics talk show or even Amanda Vinicky if she is filling in for Rick Pearson. And then week days it is all local talk with no syndicated airing at point in the day. Looking at it I see from Wikipedia that he did air on WGN Radio from 1960-1968 before going back to WLS for the run until now. I don't know if they can or make room for that cause they have to end one of their weekend shows, some of the people Dean Richards, Lou Manfredni and Rick Kogan have been long fixtures on their weekend schedule going back to the 1990's. Rick Kogan used to host a 2 and a half hour talk show on Sunday mornings before he left WGN Radio in September of 2012 to talk over hosting on an interim basis the Afternoon Shift on WBEZ, and he did that for 6 months until he left, and what just about a year later he returned to WGN Radio where he started hosting a talk show on Sunday nights instead of Sunday mornings where he has been ever since then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom