Something's Up... (Part 2)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something's Up... (Part 2)

Something's Up... (Part 2)

This might be a stretch, but these days, anything is possible.

Now the "other" site is confirming yet another change here in Houston, but it may, or may not, be what you think. I noticed the new preview just released today did not mention CBS this time around. Also reading the story title "Another change on the way NOW in Houston", sounds like the next station could be named Now instead of Amp, or it may not even be associated with CBS at all.

I know Radio One has a Top 40 "Now" format in Indianapolis. Could they be trying to play superhero here in Houston??? Especially where a one "Boom92" is located???

Given the ratings for KROI, this was bound to happen. Radio One has been ditching Classic Hip-Hop and Old School formats from their weakest stations lately due to low ratings, so this comes as no surprise.

What the "other site" inbox me

According to a Whois lookup, radionowhouston.com was created/registered January 3rd. Registry information seems to match that of boom92houston.com.

UPDATE: Listing is now masked with Perfect Privacy.
    Last edited by djjfive; 01-04-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    I remember when this board was active, fun and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by djjfive View Post
    According to a Whois lookup, radionowhouston.com was created/registered January 3rd. Registry information seems to match that of boom92houston.com.

UPDATE: Listing is now masked with Perfect Privacy.
    The site indicates it is "under construction, coming soon."

If KROI does flip to CHR the 92.1 signal will have come full circle, as it signed on in 1983 as CHR KZRQ. Boom 92 seemed its normal self when checked during my Wednesday evening commute.

This might force CBS to put the hurry up on any launch of Amp on 96.5.

Will be interesting to see if we get a three way battle between 92.1, 96.5 and 104.1 in the CHR battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    This might force CBS to put the hurry up on any launch of Amp on 96.5.

Will be interesting to see if we get a three way battle between 92.1, 96.5 and 104.1 in the CHR battle.
    If that CBS rumor is true, which I now have a very, very slight feeling that it may not. But who really knows?

If you ask me, I would prefer "96.5 Amp Radio" over Top 40 on a rimshot anyday. We'll see.

Maybe the former 95.7 staff will wind up at 92.1.

Exclamation Radio Now 92.1

As of 3PM, www.radionowhouston.com now forwards to Boom 92's site. Let the speculation begin.
    I remember when this board was active, fun and informative.

And at 4:52PM, Boom 92's site is covered with Radio Now 92.1 logos. It's a done deal.

And Boom went the dynamite at 5PM. 92.1 Radio Now is on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast