WLEZ 98.1 FM now silent

Thread: WLEZ 98.1 FM now silent

WLEZ 98.1 FM now silent

Hey all -

WLEZ 98.1 FM (LPFM) in Jackson went silent on Saturday night, 12/31/2016:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....ion_id=1748004

That is a real shame, and hopefully they will be back on soon. I think that WLEZ had been in continual operation for almost 13 years now, which is quite a feat for a Low Power FM station.

--- Casual Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Hey all -

WLEZ 98.1 FM (LPFM) in Jackson went silent on Saturday night, 12/31/2016:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....ion_id=1748004

That is a real shame, and hopefully they will be back on soon. I think that WLEZ had been in continual operation for almost 13 years now, which is quite a feat for a Low Power FM station.

--- Casual Observer
    Sure hate to here. I know that Mr. St. Pe' did all he could to make it a success!

Shame. That was one of the first LPFMs I can remember hearing and thinking, "Wow, someone's really making a go of it, not just being a satellite religious repeater."

Quote Originally Posted by tomservo View Post
    Shame. That was one of the first LPFMs I can remember hearing and thinking, "Wow, someone's really making a go of it, not just being a satellite religious repeater."
    See wlez's web site for St Pe's GOODBY MESSAGE

I found out Saturday afternoon that it would shut down at midnight. I'm not aware of any future plans. The studio is currently located at Jackson State.

I went to the station around thirteen years ago to volunteer because I had read that they were wanting volunteers. This was on the first day that I had known about it. I spoke to a lady named Terry about volunteering, and she told me that I would hear from the station. I have been waiting all these years, and the station never seemed as though they wanted volunteers. I have been listening to the station on and off ever since WLRM (780) stopped playing the Music of Your Life music (which seemed excellent for an A. M. station).