Bring it back Boston
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring it back Boston

Lightbulb Bring it back Boston

If you could bring back a former Boston station which one would it be?

Let me start, WODS.

From the mid-'70s, WCOZ, WEEI-FM and WCAS (Cambridge). From the early '70s, John Garabedian's funky little WGTR Natick.

WBCN before the strike,
    WEEI when it was a news station on 590.
    --

WBCN before the strike,
    WEEI when it was a news station on 590

Both would be too expensive to operate in today's radio world.

I miss WTKK from about 7 years ago. The weekend lineup wasn't bad, with Joe Ligotti, Rick Schaffer, and the Phantom Gourmet guys, who could be hilarious. They all had three hour shows, which meant I could pretty much listen to them as I worked outside from 9-4/5/6 on the various construction projects I had going on. I built a garage, a woodworking workshop, a barn, a hay storage/tack building, and a dormer on my house listening to those guys saturdays and sundays.

I remember one segment where the PG guys punked this guy who authored some food-related article, claiming they were the hosts of the "Boston Mushroom Hour" (or something along those lines...) At the time, I was on the roof of my house, listening, as I was shingling the dormer. I was laughing so hard I was afraid I was going to fall off the roof. I do not think I've laughed as hard listening to talk since then.

No decent weekend talk now, unless I want to listen to investment shills attempting to sell me annuities or mutual funds.

I also miss the old days of Jerry Williams on my drive home from years back.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    From the mid-'70s, WCOZ, WEEI-FM and WCAS (Cambridge). From the early '70s, John Garabedian's funky little WGTR Natick.
    Went to Grahm Jr. College in Boston in the early '70s.....I remember listening to "Good Old Days Radio" with Tony Cennamo on WCAS...and Dick Provo (actually, voice tracks for automation.....) on WEEI-FM ---
    "The Station For Groovy Grownups"!!!!
    And.....Let's be precise here.....it was John X Garabedian....
    For something "completely different"..... I'd listen to WBOS (92.9) -- Beautiful music back then.....nice to study by...!!

And John Garabedian was Johnny Gardner back in the day at the original WORC...AM 1310.

I'd bring back WCOZ-FM. The beautiful music station, not the rock and roll station of the 80s.

WFNX. I know it wasn't the most popular station in the market, but it had a very solid playlist, unlike "Burned Out Modern AC Gold", I mean "Alt".

Bring back "Electronic Mama," Stereo 105, WVBF. What a station! Magic Christian, Austin in Boston, Charlie Kendall, Joe Giota, Ron Robin, Frank Kingston Smith, and "an experience in time, space and music...the 25th hour!" All from a split level ranch in Framingham. I could not turn it off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast