Kwame Dankwa out at KUB...oops, I mean Power 93.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kwame Dankwa out at KUB...oops, I mean Power 93.3

Kwame Dankwa out at KUB...oops, I mean Power 93.3

According to a highly respected trade publication Kwame's APD/PM Drive shift was "eliminated" after less than a year. I'd say that's amazing but these days it isn't. Hope he lands on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    According to a highly respected trade publication Kwame's APD/PM Drive shift was "eliminated" after less than a year. I'd say that's amazing but these days it isn't. Hope he lands on his feet.
    Sad to say, there's more of that where this came from. http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...w-10811221.php

Kwame probably wasn't the first, but he certainly won't be the last. At least when it all comes crashing down. he won't be directly underneath it now.

I don't think anyone has adjusted to KPWK. For most people when this gets brought up, KUBE is still 93.3 in Seattle and not in exile in Eatonville. Have they been listening? Maybe not. But that might also be another sign of the times....
    They spy on you through your microwave because they know it's the only place you can't put tinfoil.

And night jock "Brady" is the new late-night host/music coordinator at Z100/NYC. So that leave two shifts open at Power...

Ok, wasn't sure if Brady was actually out or tracking for NYC. Congrats! This is a big loss for Seattle but good for him and the NYC market. Brady definitely deserves the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    I don't think anyone has adjusted to KPWK. For most people when this gets brought up, KUBE is still 93.3 in Seattle and not in exile in Eatonville. Have they been listening? Maybe not. But that might also be another sign of the times....
    Inability or unwillingness to accept a name change is flawed logic as to whether the audience remembers the name or not.

It's not an "inability" or "unwillingness" - it's called "heritage". In NYC CBS-FM tried going "Jack" and it was soundly rejected by listeners who came back when the original brand returned. Maybe iHM will get smart and undo the branding shift once they realize it isn't working as it should be."

So they've just eliminated the afternoon drive show all together? It looks like the show is now tracked out of San Diego. I'm having a hard time understanding the logic on that one, but it seems like iHeart has been blasted on this board many times before for some of their decision making. While KJR and The Jet have performed well for the most part, iHeart has definitely let KBKS slip over the past few years. Has KPWK ever finished above KBKS in the 18-34 demo after the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    It's not an "inability" or "unwillingness" - it's called "heritage". In NYC CBS-FM tried going "Jack" and it was soundly rejected by listeners who came back when the original brand returned. Maybe iHM will get smart and undo the branding shift once they realize it isn't working as it should be."
    If "heritage" meant anything to the KUBE listener up to the day they changed their name, the station wouldn't have been struggling in the ratings. Think of it this way, there are women today in Power's target demo that weren't even born when Charlie & Ty were on KUBE.

Everybody here cried "heritage" when The Mountain went away, yet the station was ranked in the high teens in their target demo. Hot 103.7 spent most of 2016 hovering around number five rank in 18-34, which is what pays the bills and salaries, unlike "heritage".

I have a feeling that even if people do recognize that KUBE is gone, I think a lot of people see it as a rebranding rather than a format shift. I had an Uber driver a week or so after Power launched that had it on, and said "I don't know whay they changed the name of this station." The difference between New York and this situation in Seattle is there's a pretty significant difference between Jack and a Classic Hits or Oldies format.

Kwame has landed on his feet. https://************.com/headlines/1...gram-director/ I wonder if this was in the works at the first of the year when he left Power? Also, does anyone know whether Brady is doing his night shift on Power from Seattle or New York? He sounds so boring now, had Power on last week and it sounded quite automated at night. In other news, they've named a replacement afternoon jock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast