Espn 1210 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Espn 1210

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Vagabond View Post
    Yes, CT Listener and JohntheRogger, I am/was confused as well . . .
    Let me see if I can clear this up.
    That was extremely informative.
    I cannot believe how you were able to come up with all of that in just a few very short minutes.
    You even brought 640, 1520, 1700, and 107.1 onto the table.
    Thank you.

BTW...If any talk format was carried on 107.1, it was only on a digital sub-channel.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Actualidad-ly, with their complicated directional patterns, I am not sure whether 990 is as good as, or better than 1210 at night, but the later definitely has the day advantage, if we include Broward county.
    Last edited by ai4i; 01-02-2017 at 09:59 PM.

BTW, I was kind of hoping that someone would ask WHO the station on 1040 has such a deep null toward...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    BTW, I was kind of hoping that someone would ask WHO the station on 1040 has such a deep null toward...LOL
    That would be WHOM.

WHOm?

Sorry for adding to the confusion, but how could they change the COL from Boynton to Miami on 1040? The 1040 signal doesn't get anywhere near Miami, especially at night.

So now I hear ads for espn deportes on 1210...what's the story???
    Radio is not a Job. Radio, is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    Sorry for adding to the confusion, but how could they change the COL from Boynton to Miami on 1040? The 1040 signal doesn't get anywhere near Miami, especially at night.
    The 1040 transmitter site is moving from Palm Beach County to the WMYM 990 site in west Dade near the turnpike.

1020 is moving from the Redlands area to the old 1040 site in Palm Beach County

990 is moving from the west Dade site to the old 1020 site near the Redlands

Whew!

The 'new' 1040 will run 50kw day and 5k night providing strong coverage of Miami and Fort Lauderdale day and night.

1040 is the signal benefiting the most from this move, the others will be strongest within their respective counties.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    Sorry for adding to the confusion, but how could they change the COL from Boynton to Miami on 1040?
    I do not believe that any stations physically moved.
    A Miami station changed frequencies from 990 to 1040, without moving one meter.
    One in Kendall changed from 1020 to 990, without moving.
    A third, in Boynton Beach, changed from 1040 to 1020, without moving.
    These were all frequency changes, not geographical moves.
    Last edited by ai4i; 01-11-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    The 'new' 1040 will run 50kw day and 5k night providing strong coverage of Miami and Fort Lauderdale day and night.
    The daytime map you refer to shows useful coverage much of Broward and the portion of Dade north of Kendall .

At night, the coverage will be much of the eastern populated part of Broward but nearly none of Dade.

Given the man-made noise level in Miami, a 10 MV/m signal is needed to be usable on AM. The innermost radio-locator contour is 5 MV/m. And at night, the co-channel interference on that facility will likely make the usable coverage to all be well inside Broward County.

Of course, that facility moved to a different frequency while the 1040 station moved to 1020 in Miami at the same site where the previous occupant of 1020 used to live. It will be a good Miami signal, but not so good for Ft Lauderdale.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 01-11-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast