• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Two Towers Along I-94 Northwest Of Racine

Schroedingers Cat

Star Participant
There are two towers along I-94 near Two Mile Rd. NW of Racine. At first I thought it was an AM DA with very tall towers. It looks like the antenna bays for WVTY 92.1 in Racine are on one of the towers on a pole near the top . The other tower appears to have a pole without an antenna or a slotted ring antenna. Did this used to be the tower for WKKV 100.7 in Racine, as I see it labelled as WRKR in some search results? Seems like I talked to Pat Martin 25 years or so ago (the only time I ever talked to him) about WRKR moving closer to Milwaukee. Seems like the new location used the old Short Spaced Zones and was barely 125 miles to be 50 kW/500 feet nondirectional, 125 miles from perhaps WBYT 100.7 in Elkhart, IN? But that wasn't what Pat Martin said. Figured it out with an aeronautical chart and a ruler.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom