• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Carrie Fisher has died at age 60

KeithE4

Walk of Fame Participant
May the force be with her.

R

It is important to get up and move around a bit when you are flying long distances.

Carrie Fisher Is In Stable Condition, Debbie Reynolds Says

Though she remains under care at UCLA Medical, Carrie Fisher’s condition is stable according to her mother, Debbie Reynolds. Reynolds provided the news in a post to her official Facebook page, promising that the family will update the public if there is any change, and adding “to all her friends and fans, I thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.”

No word on whether or not she has regained consciousness, but reportedly her family, and her dog, Gary Fisher, are at her bedside.

https://deadline.com/2016/12/debbie-reynolds-carrie-fisher-is-in-stable-condition-1201875704/

It is being reported that Carrie Fisher, best known for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, and as Jake's spurned love interest in The Blues Brothers, has died in Los Angeles at age 60.

She had suffered a massive heart attack aboard a London to LA flight over Christmas.

Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:
“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

Her on-screen performances were just part of her legacy. She became a power player in Hollywood as one who helped screenwriters improve their scripts. She also had a wicked, honest sense of humor that many in Hollywood were drawn to. I have heard many say Princess Leia died today, but she was so much more than that.

I also heard she was working on a documentary about her mother, Debbie Reynolds. I wonder about the status of that project. Anyone know? I hope it gets completed.

Carrie Fisher Set to Appear in Two New ‘Family Guy’ Episodes

Carrie Fisher, who died Tuesday, is set to appear in two forthcoming episodes of Fox’s animated comedy “Family Guy.” Variety confirmed that Fisher completed voice-acting work for the two episodes, which will premiere on dates yet to be determined.

Fisher first guest starred on the animated comedy as Angela, supervisor to Seth MacFarlane’s Peter Griffin at the brewery where he works, in 2005. She voiced the character in 20 episodes that have aired, most recently last season in an episode that premiered Jan. 3.

https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/carrie-fisher-family-guy-1201949077/

I can't believe the amount of coverage Fisher's death is getting. As an actress she had only one significant role and as a private person her life was bordering on the abysmal. She just was not very important either personally or as a public person.

I can't believe the amount of coverage Fisher's death is getting. As an actress she had only one significant role and as a private person her life was bordering on the abysmal. She just was not very important either personally or as a public person.

The work she did for mental health, including the significant book and subsequent screen adaptation of "Postcards from the Edge", was definitely significant.

She was one of the best script doctors in the business.

Here role in Star Wars is iconic for an entire generation... maybe two generations... and was a major step in the empowerment of women.

Overall, she can be remembered as a major contributor in all of these areas. Not too many people have done as much.

She played an iconic character in a beloved sci-fi franchise.
That alone will draw attention that will last far beyond the grave.

Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley, anyone??

She played an iconic character in a beloved sci-fi franchise.
That alone will draw attention that will last far beyond the grave.

Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley, anyone??

And James Doohan.

The work she did for mental health, including the significant book and subsequent screen adaptation of "Postcards from the Edge", was definitely significant.

I guess I am lucky in that I have not been personally affected by mental health issues but even in that vein I had not heard of her, nor, I suppose would most people. She was known by the public primarily an actress but not one of significant accomplishment. Her popularity seems to be based almost solely on Star Wars which was a great cartoon but a lousy movie.

She was one of the best script doctors in the business.

Again, by those within the industry. I doubt the public knew any of that nor has it been mentioned in any obit I have yet seen.

Here role in Star Wars is iconic for an entire generation... maybe two generations... and was a major step in the empowerment of women.

George Lucas pulled a huge fast one on the world's people with Star Wars. He took what was basically a battle scene from WWII and converted it to science fiction (and very poor sci-fi at that) and packaged it inside a 1940's serial wrapper. It is neither good science nor anywhere accurate to space travel as it was known in 1977. It was so bad it could, and should, have been a Disney movie for 5-year olds. But even within that, Fisher's role was not significant and didn't do any more for women than hundreds of other motion pictures (when most were made when women did not have basic rights). I was shocked when I saw current photos of Fisher as she looked a good 20 years older than her real age. A testimony to a life lived on drugs I imagine. Another George Michael.

OK we get it, you're not a Star Wars fan...

R

OK we get it, you're not a Star Wars fan...

R

My comment was regarding Carrie Fisher but as she is known virtually by that one film they are tired together.

Just saw an announcement that Fisher's mom, Debbie Reynolds, was hospitalized with a suspected stroke. Tough time for that family.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom