Former RKO/Current PRO Host John DePetro retires unexpectedly xmas eve.

Thread: Former RKO/Current PRO Host John DePetro retires unexpectedly xmas eve.

Former RKO/Current PRO Host John DePetro retires unexpectedly xmas eve.

He was off the air most of the month of December with an undisclosed medical issue. Posted to his web site (www.depetro.com) on xmas eve that he was leaving his show effective immediately. 52 years old, doesn't sound too good. Now PRO is scrambling to find a new mid-morning host, 2nd major loss since the unexpected death of Buddy Cianci about a year ago which left the station's lineup in turmoil and still recovering.

Juan DePedro announces his return to the airwaves starting tomorrow, 1p-5p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cvB-1zrbRE

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Juan DePedro announces his return to the airwaves starting tomorrow, 1p-5p!
    Yeah, on rinky dink WADK, not WPRO!
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kaimbridge View Post
    Yeah, on rinky dink WADK, not WPRO!
    If this change was his doing....what sense does it make?

Was he at the end of his contract?

Was WPRO not renewing him?

Does he have some idealistic goal of self-sydicating...a la Howie?

Still no network for Kuhner plus Grace's WBIX show gone (Bill Kelley $ ran out?)

Krazy K00000nah spoon-fed his audience the (delusional?) claim he was being moved to noon in order to get the ratings up and then "go national". I think that was... umm... 2 years ago now, and Howie has more stations than K000nah.

Bill's moving to new digs in the Waltham area I hear, maybe he needed the $$$ for the rent.

DePetro now owns all the intellectual property associated with his show, including some material which used to air on WPRO. He likewise wants to syndicate, but the focus of his show seems to be local, rather than national, so I doubt there's much demand for Rhode Island talk in, say, California.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

Krazy K00000nah spoon-fed his audience the (delusional?) claim he was being moved to noon in order to get the ratings up and then "go national". I think that was... umm...
    Yes...he said they were building the station around him being the anchor! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    Yes...he said they were building the station around him being the anchor! ;-)
    Well, he's been an anchor... for their ratings