96.1 fm translator for 1110 now on the air

Thread: 96.1 fm translator for 1110 now on the air

96.1 fm translator for 1110 now on the air

Salem's License to Cover application was filed with the FCC today. The listening area is Alvin, Clear Lake, part of Pearland and vicinity.

Anyone heard it yet?

Soon!
    Operations Manager, Salem Radio Houston: AM1070, THE ANSWER KNTH, Business 1110 KTEK and; 100.7 The Word KKHT, Houston. chucktiller@yahoo.com

Chuck, any update on the 103.3 translator for KNTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    Chuck, any update on the 103.3 translator for KNTH?
    1st, 96.1 went on the air at noon yesterday. 103.3 should happen before the end of the month.
    Operations Manager, Salem Radio Houston: AM1070, THE ANSWER KNTH, Business 1110 KTEK and; 100.7 The Word KKHT, Houston. chucktiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTiller View Post
    1st, 96.1 went on the air at noon yesterday. 103.3 should happen before the end of the month.
    Didn't notice any new disturbance to KBLT in midtown last night, though Rice will probably lose a bit of their southern coverage. The two transmitters are about 20 miles apart.

I still haven't heard it. I guess I will hear it when I travel into that area.

Used to listen to 1110 occasionally when I lived in League City, and other than being a daytimer, if you went out of their main northbound lobe around critical hours, KTEK was liable to get stomped on by either Omaha or Dallas. It always came in fine at my house right on the League City/Friendswood border, but I remember having quite a few problems hearing it as close as Highway 3 in League City. I imagine this translator should solve those issues, and of course be on the air 24/7.

Nothing in Cypress or Katy, the frequency is blank except for weak KAGG.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrucecarter5 View Post
    Nothing in Cypress or Katy, the frequency is blank except for weak KAGG.
    That will change if and when K241CO gets on the air, rebroadcasting KSHJ 1430. Transmitter near the intersection of 290 and Beltway 8. 250 watts at 35 meters, sharply directional signal to the west.

The KBLT signal pretty much dies around 290 and Hollister, although there are some brief sweet spots along Beltway 8 north of 290. No sign of the new KTEK translator bothering KBLT near downtown.

As Ryan suggested in the original post, the coverage is very limited.