96.1 fm translator for 1110 now on the air - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 96.1 fm translator for 1110 now on the air

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTiller View Post
    103.3 should happen before the end of the month.
    No sign yet of the 103.3 KNTH translator as of January 29. Should be easy to hear at my Cy-Fair location.

Isn't KNTH a talk radio? Why would they want to have a TALK station on FM? Maybe a format change coming soon? What are the call letters of 103.3? And will LA RAZA 103.3 affect it in any way?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    Isn't KNTH a talk radio? Why would they want to have a TALK station on FM?
    They want to be on FM because even a translator offers better quality and better night coverage than poor AMs like that one.

And, of course, the big reason: nearly all the audience in Houston is on FM now. Houston has among the lowest AM total shares of any PPM market.
    Last edited by DavidEduardo; 01-30-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    Isn't KNTH a talk radio? Why would they want to have a TALK station on FM? Maybe a format change coming soon? What are the call letters of 103.3? And will LA RAZA 103.3 affect it in any way?
    There will be NO format change.
    Operations Manager, Salem Radio Houston: AM1070, THE ANSWER KNTH, Business 1110 KTEK and; 100.7 The Word KKHT, Houston. chucktiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    No sign yet of the 103.3 KNTH translator as of January 29. Should be easy to hear at my Cy-Fair location.
    As soon as I know, I will post it here.
    Operations Manager, Salem Radio Houston: AM1070, THE ANSWER KNTH, Business 1110 KTEK and; 100.7 The Word KKHT, Houston. chucktiller@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12