• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just got the CC Witness+

bobdavcav

Star Participant
To those that have the CC Witness+, what do you think? My impressions so far are mixed.
Hardware design is nice and compact, though the buttons could use to be raised slightly, especially on the top row. The first time I took it out of the box I nearly missed the top row because I thought they were simply a division between the screen and the rest of the unit.
As far as software and usability, it's pretty nice. I've got it on a local station playing Christmas music, and reception isn't bad at all. Where I'm at, I'm about 25 miles from my locals, and don't have any problems with overload, though I was in the Olympia area earlier today and was able to clearly copy KFOO 102.9 on 106.3, not good. My biggest complaint about it though is that the audio, especially in the low end, is terribly distorted. Does anyone know how to resolve this if it can be done? I'll have to play around with it myself too to see what I can figure out, will post back here if I find anything. If I could fix the distortion problem, I'd be completely satisfied. I haven't tried it on am yet, but fm recording sounds as I'd expect, which unfortunately right now means some distortion. If I could fix this, it would be pretty good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom