WKAF 97.7 to Urban AC - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: WKAF 97.7 to Urban AC

I think that NOT playing many currents is what will make 97.7 distinct from trying to compete with WBQT, WJMN, etc... It's an adult urban station, not aimed at kids, playing R&B hits from the past four decades or so. Why should it compete with more powerful signals for the current R&B hits?

The REAL question, now: if this station is to be advertiser-supported, will they sell enough time, at a rate where they can turn a profit?
    This remains to be seen. Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post

I am quite sour on this station.
    Couldn't listen much it was so awful.
    It doesn't sound bad to my ear....maybe it's me?

What makes it "sour" and "awful" to you?

Quote Originally Posted by WLYNWAZNgm View Post
    The REAL question, now: if this station is to be advertiser-supported, will they sell enough time, at a rate where they can turn a profit?
    This remains to be seen. Time will tell...
    According to their Facebook, there is a photo of a new billboard for the station. Not sure of it's whereabouts though.

I think 97.7 RnB would be smart is it tweaked itself to sound more like KTWV in Los Angeles. Very listenable station.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoule View Post

I think 97.7 RnB would be smart is it tweaked itself to sound more like KTWV in Los Angeles. Very listenable station.
    KTWV was a "Smooth Jazz"s station....and has morphed into "Smooth AC"...and done surprisingly well!

Who woulda' thunk it?

Radio One had this frequency and gave up on it. Do you think they'll be interested in it again, or have they given up on Boston?

97.7 could well be dealt, but on Monday a new morning show debuts with KJ and Kesha.Station debuted Jan 5, Monday is Feb 6..not sure when the ads begin.Ratings period due?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankCaliendo View Post
    According to their Facebook, there is a photo of a new billboard for the station. Not sure of it's whereabouts though.

I-93 Northbound.... Milton/Dorchester area.
    my dx logging site:<br />http://www.edx-log.org

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post

97.7 could well be dealt, but on Monday a new morning show debuts with KJ and Kesha.Station debuted Jan 5, Monday is Feb 6..not sure when the ads begin.Ratings period due?
    Did anyone hear the new morning show? What do you think?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast