WKAF 97.7 to Urban AC
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WKAF 97.7 to Urban AC

WKAF 97.7 to Urban AC

Via Boston RadioWatch

http://bostonradiowatch.blogspot.com...rcoms.html?m=1 Entercom set to put WAAF rock on 107.3 only with WKAF 97.7 to run Urban Adult Contemporary.It will happen a few days after the WAAF changes.

>>a brand new Urban Adult Contemporary format geared toward female listeners. Previously the station aired Urban Top 40 and was known as WBOT/Hot 97-7 and WILD/Wild 97-7 between 1999 and 2005

There's a mistake at the bottom of that BRW page, where it mentions "iHeartradio’s WXKS/Talk 1430".

1430 has been WKOX since 2010 when the WXKS (AM) call letters swapped frequencies and call letters with 1200 AM.

Indeed.The swap was around March or April of 2010 (with local hosts Severin and Katz joining WXKS 1200 around April)

now the 64 dollar question is what is or what was Beasley planning to do with 106.1 and if Entercom's 97.7 does flip would it be to go head to head with Beasley ..... and how does Beasley counter a superior signal?

Granted this is speculation because Beasley has been tight lipped about what WRCA is going to feed the new translator when it lights up, presumably soon.

1330 is currently doing Brokered Programming in Spanish? I suppose infomercials, preachers and immigration lawyers?

If there is enough of a Spanish-speaking population to make that profitable, and there's enough of a Spanish-speaking population to make Red Sox en espanol profitable, then maybe the station will go with Tropical music in Spanish? Similar to WSKQ, NYC's top Spanish-language station and sometimes #1 in the 18-49 demo?

Odd that the Red Sox have a Spanish-language network for their games, yet there is no Hispanic FM station in Boston.

Excitement in the Boston market !
    I hope they do some stunting like WBQT did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg. View Post
    1330 is currently doing Brokered Programming in Spanish? I suppose infomercials, preachers and immigration lawyers?
    WRCA is currently dark under a STA since mid November, when they terminated the contracts with all brokered programs in preparation for a move of the WRCA studios to the former Greater Media complex in Dorchester and bringing the newly acquired 106.1 translator for WRCA on the air.

Beasley did not pay north of 400K for that CP, plus construction and legal costs to run "dolla a holla" programming.

As for what they are going to put on it, your guess is as good as mine. Nobody is letting any info about their plans out of the building.

I'm still not convinced 97.7 is flipping. Maybe they just fed the rumor to BRW to make Beasley nervous about their impending 1330/106.1 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by jlehmann View Post

I'm still not convinced 97.7 is flipping. Maybe they just fed the rumor to BRW to make Beasley nervous about their impending 1330/106.1 launch.
    Someone said here that they have heard 1330's transmitter on the air for short times in recent weeks....what were they running for audio?

1330 may have been on the other night with foreign language stuff, testing perhaps.Heard it in Salem.
    Who knows if the change at 97.7 is just a rumor but supposedly they hired a consultant and set up a different studio.
    BRW had said the AAF change is next Tue. with 97.7 splitting off a few days later.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast