• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Moby to Retire

RoddyFreeman

Walk of Fame Participant
Former Kicks 101-5 morning man Moby (James Carney) announced on his Facebook page that he will retire on December 30.

Moby made it big as a morning rock personality in Dallas and Houston in the 80's. He was then hired by former Kicks GM Norm Schrutt and PD Neil McGinley.

Moby did a great job of changing his schtick from rock to country (along with his accent). When I moved to Atlanta in 1994, Kicks was the market's #1 station, led by Moby in morning drive. But the GM who replaced Norm Schrutt did not care for Moby and eventually did not renew his contract. Personally, I still believe that was a big mistake. Kicks then went through a string of morning shows before finally landing on Cadillac Jack (and then adding Dallas).

Moby is a survivor and successfully put together a network of small-market stations on which to do his show. I wish him the best in retirement.

Former Kicks 101-5 morning man Moby (James Carney) announced on his Facebook page that he will retire on December 30.

Moby made it big as a morning rock personality in Dallas and Houston in the 80's. He was then hired by former Kicks GM Norm Schrutt and PD Neil McGinley.

Moby did a great job of changing his schtick from rock to country (along with his accent). When I moved to Atlanta in 1994, Kicks was the market's #1 station, led by Moby in morning drive. But the GM who replaced Norm Schrutt did not care for Moby and eventually did not renew his contract. Personally, I still believe that was a big mistake. Kicks then went through a string of morning shows before finally landing on Cadillac Jack (and then adding Dallas).

Moby is a survivor and successfully put together a network of small-market stations on which to do his show. I wish him the best in retirement.

YEAH baby!!! Listened to him on STAR97 and then 101KLOL in Houston before his move to Atlanta....met him in Dallas at the ABC RN Montfort location in the 90s and he had lost weight big time.....but the beard had grown and turned grey.... :) Friends on FB and proud to have been fellow employee when he was under contract with ABC....Enjoy retirement James!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom