Matt Cord to co-host BEN-FM morning show in the new year - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Cord to co-host BEN-FM morning show in the new year

Doesn't matter what any service states it was played, if you dispute my statement call the station or better yet check with Matt I am sure he would know if it was played...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    Doesn't matter what any service states it was played, if you dispute my statement call the station or better yet check with Matt I am sure he would know if it was played...
    I trust the sources of information both David and I presented, but thanks.

That being said, depending on the market need, Adult Hits stations usually fill a classic hits hole or a classic rock hole (or serve as a second-ish station of either of those formats.) In Philly, Beasley doesn't want Ben to sabotage sister station WMGK, so it doesn't go heavy on Classic Rock. WOGL is a powerful Classic Hits station, so no need to battle them for an aging demographic. So they found their hole, mostly 80s and 90s, but pulling a little more and morefrom the Alternative side than most Adult Hits stations to capture those in the demographic who grew up in-market listening to WDRE and Y100. While it doesn't seem to have set the ratings on fire, it doesn't seem to have hurt them either.

But bringing Matt over from MMR to Ben most likely won't have an effect on the playlist. His job is to play the music, not to pick it, unless they give him a special feature here or there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12