• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Goodbye Valerie Knight

Wow! I remember being in the second and third grade tuning in to 98.1 in the early mornings for that show and hearing her and Zimpfer and the traffic guy from KYW-TV 3. What was his damn name? He always talked about jelly donuts, I remember that well.

Wow! I remember being in the second and third grade tuning in to 98.1 in the early mornings for that show and hearing her and Zimpfer and the traffic guy from KYW-TV 3. What was his damn name? He always talked about jelly donuts, I remember that well.

That would be Bob Kelly. He's doing traffic on Fox 29 in the mornings now.

Ugg. You put in years building up your station's identity--all the while getting your little incremental salary increases--and one day management realizes they can pay someone a few thousand bucks less...so they unceremoniously cut you loose. Happens in every industry of course but, man alive, it seems like radio thinks nothing of doing it! She will be missed...especially when some unpolished 20-year-old pops up in her place.

Valerie Knight-WOGL

Ugg. You put in years building up your station's identity--all the while getting your little incremental salary increases--and one day management realizes they can pay someone a few thousand bucks less...so they unceremoniously cut you loose. Happens in every industry of course but, man alive, it seems like radio thinks nothing of doing it! She will be missed...especially when some unpolished 20-year-old pops up in her place.

Valerie Knight is truly missed after listening to the Breakfast Club now. Any idea where is might be now?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom