• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ratings: KLOS vs KSWD

robnokshus06

Frequent Participant
Ok, so the latest book is out. Of course it's chock full of holiday hoo ha, but I noticed from the 6+ numbers that KLOS has ticked up and is tied with The Sound. Would love to hear a bit more in depth analysis in the demos that matter from those with access to the numbers. How do mornings, Jonesy and the late Bob Coburn stack up against the Sound. Also, do you think the loss of Bob will have an impact on KLOS' ratings?

This battle intrigues me. Seems to me that the last man standing would hold a pretty enviable ratings perch. But what do I know? :D

Ok, so the latest book is out. Of course it's chock full of holiday hoo ha, but I noticed from the 6+ numbers that KLOS has ticked up and is tied with The Sound. Would love to hear a bit more in depth analysis in the demos that matter from those with access to the numbers. How do mornings, Jonesy and the late Bob Coburn stack up against the Sound. Also, do you think the loss of Bob will have an impact on KLOS' ratings?

This battle intrigues me. Seems to me that the last man standing would hold a pretty enviable ratings perch. But what do I know? :D

I am not sure which one is doing better or worse, particularly in demo, but I always think that the race is KLOS' to lose because they have adjusted their playlist to skew younger while over at KSWD its like the the 60's, 70's and 80's never ended, which puts KSWD at a significant disadvantage from a demo point of view. Plus not that it means very much these days, but to the extent that it does, heritage is firmly on the side of KLOS. Losing BC definitely chips away at that. The difference in audience share is probably less than de minimis, but it affects the overall sound of the station and pushes the station even more into the present.

I would not make any decision or form any conclusion based on the December book. No, not because of the Santa Syndrome but because of Nielsen's massive F-up with the meters.

In November KSWD was beating KLOS in 25-54 by about 10%.

I'm probably the only one interested in this battle between KLOS and the Sound, but, since the ratings just came out today, I would love to know how FHF are doing in the "key demos" (we've all seen the 6+) and how the music programming at KLOS stacks up against KSWD. They've both sort of carved out their classic rock niches, so who's winning?

I'm probably the only one interested in this battle between KLOS and the Sound, but, since the ratings just came out today, I would love to know how FHF are doing in the "key demos" (we've all seen the 6+) and how the music programming at KLOS stacks up against KSWD. They've both sort of carved out their classic rock niches, so who's winning?

In 25-54, KLOS wins by 0.2. Mornings go to KLOS, the rest of the day flip-flops, and all the differences are within the margin of error of the survey process. To me it is a tie, maybe advantage: KLOS.

How much sharing of audience is there between the stations?

Looking at KLOS, KSWD is the 5th highest sharer with 33% if the KLOS cume also listening to KSWD. The highest saring wis with KCBS-FM, and about 50%, and then KRTH, KBIG and KOST.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom