• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Passing DTMF through Cell to POTS adapters

Hi All

Anyone using a cell to POTS adapter that will pass DTMF reliably? I have purchased the Verizon "Home Phone" device and it will not pass good DTMF for our Burk ARC16s to read. I know there are other companies that make similar devices. Has anyone used one they can commend?

Thanks!

If anyone is interested... We tried the Verizon "Home Mifi" which also offers internet through their G4 network. This units works even with the Sine Systems remote control. We are only paying $20 a month for the service. We do not have external antennas on the units, but with be getting them soon.

I'm using a couple of Walmart "Straight Talk" boxes which seem to work fine with Sine Systems remote controls.

There was a retrofit to the ESI cards on the ARC-16 at one point to help with DTMF over cell, I remember changing out a few caps and a resistor on ours. Depending on the age of your card you may give Burk a buzz and ask about it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom