• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Status of "Harry"

I think it's a toss up with new talk shows seem to get 2 years no matter what. But for NBC it cost a lot and I think it is up to them if they want to renew it or not I haven't watched the show it comes on at 3PM on WOTV. TJ Lakes isn't on in many markets why there ratings are low comes on at 10AM on WZZM like HTL not on in many markets either Fox stations mainly MYNet TV & Media General stations comes on WOTV at 5PM.

If someone wants to start a daytime talk show, it needs to be unique. Harry's "dancing" is ripping off Ellen DeGeneres' dancing, although she goes through the audience. They need to come up with new ideas that don't stray too far away from the objective of the show, or you might as well cancel it.
OT - I notice KIMA/KEPR is showing that generic "Harry" promo constantly, several times a day. Just how many shows have they gone through at 9AM in the past 10 or so years? Too many to count.

At least Harry's show is a celebrity talk show, which I can tolerate more than trash talk like Maury and Springer, although I'd really rather see a trend back to more game shows.

as of this past Monday WFTC (My29 which is a FOX O&O) moved the 2nd airing of Harry from 9PM to 8AM. It still is on KMSP FOX 9 at 3PM.
(Ironically they now fill that hour with the 2nd hour of My Network programming. WFTC pushed My programming from 7-9 Central to 8-10 now which is considered out of pattern)

Harry renewed for a season 2 as FOX O&O pick it up from Broadcasting & Cable it cost about $35 to $40 Million to put on Harry meaning it doesn't make a profit guessing that Harry will not make it to season 3 just my opinion.

Unbelievable with how low their ratings are! I don't see him going past season 2, however. The Doctors is also struggling in the ratings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom