• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fox O&O's to carry 'Top 30' News Strip

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100059/fox-stations-picks-up-top-30-news-strip

Wow It will be interesting how this show will compete against other syndicated shows like Inside Edition, and Right this minute.

Fox-owned TV stations in an unspecified number of markets have picked up Top 30, a daily strip that was one of several prospective shows tested last spring and summer on the Fox station group.

Top 30 is described as “a daily news program featuring the top 30 stories of the day,” according to an announcement from FTS (Fox Television Stations) on Thursday.

“This show is perfect for the stations that don't have a national news voice,” said Stephen Brown, EVP, programming and development for FTS. “The bite-sized segments with lower-third graphics play well on air and on our affiliates’ digital platforms. Give us 30 minutes, and we’ll get you up to date with everything you need to know each day,” he said.

The announcement did not list the specific markets or stations, but said the show “will air in all FTS duopoly markets and other select single-station markets.” Plans call for the show to run at least through the 2018-19 season, FTS said.

Top 30 was tested for four weeks starting June 6 on Fox-owned stations in eight markets. The show is produced Dino Bones Inc. for FTS, and distributed by Twentieth Television.

yeah, this does belong in the Synidcation TV section, even if it's only Synidcated on Fox O&O stations, and i'm sure more stations in markets with no Fox O&O stations will pick it up too.

Do they also mean the top 30 TV markets? Hartford/New Haven is the #30 TV market. Tribune owns WTIC-TV (FOX) channel 61 of Hartford.

Top 30 stories according to whom? Real news doesn't even cover 30 stories per show, so will this just be a faster paced version of TMZ live?

Media General aired the test run of Top 30 in a few markets this past summer it was on WOTV at 4PM watched the 1ST show way too much going for only 30 minute show plus I don't like the 30 to 60 second ad pods for the show. I only watched it once during it's few weeks on air.

Top 30 cleared in 70% of the country surprise that it got cleared by that many TV stations. I'll not be watching the show whoever picked the show up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom