• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNX Cuts 3 Staffers

Apparently there's a lot of this going on now...cuts have been announced at CBS Chicago and New York as well.

Sad to hear Linda Nunez was shown the door.

She had one of the best female news voices in the country ... Smooth delivery, never flubbed a line, good chemistry with her co-anchors.

She was bounced out of drive time nearly a decade ago for the Vicky's ... Vicky Cox and Vicky Moore.

Neither Vicky Moore in AM drive nor Diane Thompson in PM drive is as good of an anchor as Linda Nunez.

music on KNX Sunday

is this normal to be hearing music on KNX at 10AM on a Sunday morning? on my web stream anyway- I'm out of range if OTA signal.

They may have switched over to K-EARTH or the Wave online. On-air they had the NFL Wild Card games most of the day, and looks as if they opted not to contine with news coverage on the webstream.

They may have switched over to K-EARTH or the Wave online. On-air they had the NFL Wild Card games most of the day, and looks as if they opted not to contine with news coverage on the webstream.

There is no money in broadcasting news to the tens of people listening to the webstream while the football game is on. Of course they probably have over-the-air and not streaming rights for the NFL.

Perhaps the biggest problem for KNX is they don't have a strong FM signal. Yes 1070 AM is huge, but AM is all but over for those under 40.

Perhaps the biggest problem for KNX is they don't have a strong FM signal. Yes 1070 AM is huge, but AM is all but over for those under 40.

It's not an under-40 format. Never has been.

KCBS in San Francisco is a simulcast of a 50 kw AM with an FM, and, even with the FM, only 11% of the audience is in 25-54. 60% of listening is 55 and over.

In LA, an FM would not help much as there are fewer news shares than in San Francisco.

Checked out KNX online just now while the football game is on air. Most interesting. They've switched to KTWV-HD2 "Wave Classics" which they normally don't stream

Speaking of KNX and sports (and this can be split into a separate thread as Frank sees fit), I emailed their listener feedback address (which I won't post here in an effort to protect them from spammers; I'm not saying anyone here is a spammer) about interviews that often preempted sports reports and found out as of January 3rd that they no longer air sports reports outside the hours of 5 AM to 1 PM Monday through Friday. Here is the email for those interested:

We no longer do interviews so we hit the :24 and :54 sports at the right times every hour 5a - 1p now. So that problem was solved on January 3rd when we did away with the interviews outside breaking news.

We also stopped doing sports in evenings, overnights and weekends. Most people who care know the scores long before we air them at :24 or :54. Because of IPhone etc. the need for scores just is not there in our listener base. So we chose to add more news and stop doing the scores.

I hope this answers your questions and that you continue to listen to KNX.

I appreciate your spending your valuable time with us and also want to thank you for caring enough to write.

kc

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom