KNX Cuts 3 Staffers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: KNX Cuts 3 Staffers

  1. #1

    KNX Cuts 3 Staffers

    Via AllAccess - as reported originally by LARadio.com:
    "Midday anchor LINDA NUNEZ, Sports Director STEVE GRAD, and reporter ED MERTZ have exited the station."

    See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...nx-los-angeles

  2. #2
    Apparently there's a lot of this going on now...cuts have been announced at CBS Chicago and New York as well.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    648
    Sad to hear Linda Nunez was shown the door.

    She had one of the best female news voices in the country ... Smooth delivery, never flubbed a line, good chemistry with her co-anchors.

    She was bounced out of drive time nearly a decade ago for the Vicky's ... Vicky Cox and Vicky Moore.

    Neither Vicky Moore in AM drive nor Diane Thompson in PM drive is as good of an anchor as Linda Nunez.

  4. #4

    music on KNX Sunday

    is this normal to be hearing music on KNX at 10AM on a Sunday morning? on my web stream anyway- I'm out of range if OTA signal.

  5. #5
    They may have switched over to K-EARTH or the Wave online. On-air they had the NFL Wild Card games most of the day, and looks as if they opted not to contine with news coverage on the webstream.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliRadioFan View Post
    They may have switched over to K-EARTH or the Wave online. On-air they had the NFL Wild Card games most of the day, and looks as if they opted not to contine with news coverage on the webstream.
    There is no money in broadcasting news to the tens of people listening to the webstream while the football game is on. Of course they probably have over-the-air and not streaming rights for the NFL.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    There is no money in broadcasting news to the tens of people listening to the webstream while the football game is on.
    Especially on a weekend.

  8. #8
    Perhaps the biggest problem for KNX is they don't have a strong FM signal. Yes 1070 AM is huge, but AM is all but over for those under 40.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    Perhaps the biggest problem for KNX is they don't have a strong FM signal. Yes 1070 AM is huge, but AM is all but over for those under 40.
    It's not an under-40 format. Never has been.

    KCBS in San Francisco is a simulcast of a 50 kw AM with an FM, and, even with the FM, only 11% of the audience is in 25-54. 60% of listening is 55 and over.

    In LA, an FM would not help much as there are fewer news shares than in San Francisco.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  10. #10
    Checked out KNX online just now while the football game is on air. Most interesting. They've switched to KTWV-HD2 "Wave Classics" which they normally don't stream

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us