Is 1130AM KWKH Listenable in Dallas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 1130AM KWKH Listenable in Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNT View Post
    Typically only at night, Winters can bring it faintly in during the afternoon hours however.
    1680 is the station I have most often gotten mail or comments about at night. Always from the west.

Chris,

How far east does 1680 go? Any mail or comments saying a listener picked it up in Jackson? Meridian?

Had enough presence of mind to check 1130 and 710 yesterday evening during the 5PM hour. 1130 was totally absent (as in nothing on the frequency) and 710 yielded KCMO out of Kansas City with a decent listenable signal. No sign of KEEL.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rimshot View Post
    Chris,

How far east does 1680 go? Any mail or comments saying a listener picked it up in Jackson? Meridian?
    How far east? It has been heard in Europe.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by TXRadioJunkie View Post
    Had enough presence of mind to check 1130 and 710 yesterday evening during the 5PM hour. 1130 was totally absent (as in nothing on the frequency) and 710 yielded KCMO out of Kansas City with a decent listenable signal. No sign of KEEL.
    I've had about the same experience with KCMO, I don't think I've ever logged KEEL. KWKH has always been weak up here, I really think we are just too far north for their pattern.

Quick update....I pulled KWKH in between Terrell and Dallas around 0530 UTC this morning. It wasn't full-quieting but still there nonetheless.

Thanks for the update, Junkie. Much obliged.

Not a problem. Glad to provide the information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12