• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

720 am

This evening, December 14 at 9 PM Pacific time I heard the National Anthem and God Bless America twice. There were two or three stations on 720 at the time, but at 9PM makes me wonder if it was an east coast station signing off. Anybody have an idea? And twice?

This evening, December 14 at 9 PM Pacific time I heard the National Anthem and God Bless America twice. There were two or three stations on 720 at the time, but at 9PM makes me wonder if it was an east coast station signing off. Anybody have an idea? And twice?

I know that WGN is still on right now at 11:33PM CST, so I can't imagine what you heard. Is KDWN on?

WGN and KDWN are both on. I am hearing them both at 12:05AM PT. But I don't know about KFIR. Perhaps they went off for maintenance?

Either WGCR or WRZN up to something? WGCR is a 50kw ND daytimer. WRZN day pattern is 10kw ND. North Carolina and Florida respectively.

This evening, December 14 at 9 PM Pacific time I heard the National Anthem and God Bless America twice.
But the important evening will be when you here this national anthem from Oregon!

Last edited:
@ W7PAT : It's a long shot at 2000 watts and omni. But here in NEPA the regional WHYF from outside Harrisburg thorws a decent signal toward us. I remember hearing them once on Long Island! The R-L map indicates a tongue of their wattage heads NW despite the one tower.

The NC station suggested by Cyberdad makes a lot more sense, though.

I think I just heard Gospel Country music on AM 720. That might be WGCR. I've listened to it in 10 minutes and then WGN overtaked WGCR.

Schlep: That is almost certainly WGCR, especially given that you're in Cincinnati. I do not listen to WGN much anymore since they no longer carry the Cubs (my favorite MLB team), but when I used to, WGCR would clobber WGN many a night at critical hours in Ohio. I've read here that also happens as far north as north-central Indiana, not all that far from Chicago.

WGCR is a daytime regular in Knoxville, and it was a regular sunset catch in Dayton, Ohio. Also heard traveling through Indianapolis over WGN.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom