• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

So, is Terri-Rae Elmer no longer with McIntyre?

Is she still on vacation, or has she been 'let go'. She's no longer listed on KABC's website for 'McIntyre in the Morning'.

Don Barret reported on LARadio.com on December 2:

"Terri-Rae Elmer has left the morning show at KABC. She started at KFI in 1989 where she anchored news in afternoon drive at all-Talker until leaving 12.7.11 to join Doug McIntyre in morning drive at KABC in January 2012.She came to L.A. with her husband and weatherman Gerry Wallace and news anchor Dave Grosby - all from KFBK-Sacramento."

On December 5, he further reported:

"With KABC’s Terri-Rae Elmer exiting the Doug McIntyre morning show, veteran Lori Kelman will be anchoring morning news throughout December."

Last edited:
I mean, she's gotta be 60 by now (Wikipedia says she was born in 1956). Sad to say, but it's tough as a woman to make it in radio at that age unless you're Dr. Laura.

I mean, she's gotta be 60 by now (Wikipedia says she was born in 1956). Sad to say, but it's tough as a woman to make it in radio at that age unless you're Dr. Laura.

Why are women put out to pasture earlier than men (or are they?). I understand in the TV world it is all about their looks, but in Radio why would they care how they look? Do they just lose touch with what is pop culture? Are men affected to the same degree?

Sad but look how kroq got rid of doc on the rock and lisa may. Kfi keeps handel he is mid sixties. I heard he can be very difficult.

Theres got to be more to it then that for cumulus knew how old she was when they brought her aboard.

I remember when john and ken did mornings at 790 kabc at the beginning of this millenium briefly and when they went back to kfi they said what a mess it was over there.

Good luck terry rae.

Sad but look how kroq got rid of doc on the rock and lisa may. Kfi keeps handel he is mid sixties. I heard he can be very difficult.

Theres got to be more to it then that for cumulus knew how old she was when they brought her aboard.

I remember when john and ken did mornings at 790 kabc at the beginning of this millenium briefly and when they went back to kfi they said what a mess it was over there.

Good luck terry rae.

To say Handel is difficult to work with is an understatement:

https://youtu.be/Mrcwl4MGRMc

I am told that sort of behavior is tolerated and condoned by management for fear that their star talent will leave.

I remember hearin that when ziegler put up a website called the real kfi. Did that handel temper tantrum make it on air?

Ten million bucks n this is what ya get?

I remember hearin that when ziegler put up a website called the real kfi. Did that handel temper tantrum make it on air?

Ten million bucks n this is what ya get?

Yep that went out over the air. Management said they suspended him a few days, but in reality it was more like a paid vacation. I remember one on air star had a reputation for throwing things at office and engineering staff anytime he got pissed. Anyone else remember that guy?

After Ziegler was canned from KFI he put up a website called "The Real KFI". It was full of office gossip, like Ken of John and Ken is a closeted homosexual, Handel is a backstabbing hypocrite, etc.... money changed hands and John agreed to take down the website.

Yep that went out over the air. Management said they suspended him a few days, but in reality it was more like a paid vacation. I remember one on air star had a reputation for throwing things at office and engineering staff anytime he got pissed. Anyone else remember that guy?

After Ziegler was canned from KFI he put up a website called "The Real KFI". It was full of office gossip, like Ken of John and Ken is a closeted homosexual, Handel is a backstabbing hypocrite, etc.... money changed hands and John agreed to take down the website.

Don't forget about his libelling of Bryan Suits, claiming that Suits' tour in Iraq was a publicity stunt to boost his radio career (what a stupid thing to claim). And who cares if Ken is gay? His sexuality is his own business, and anyway he's never used anti-gay rhetoric nor has his radio partner (both supported gay marriage) so Ziegler's claim did nothing to expose Ken as a hypocrite, it just made Ziegler look like the idiot that he is. Rant off. Anyway, what's your source that Ziegler was paid to take down the website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom