Major WSB Schedule Changes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major WSB Schedule Changes

WGST comes in decent at night pretty much anywhere ITP, and you can go about 10 miles OTP as well. Beyond that it's hit or miss. YMMV.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

I'm about a mile and a half inside the Perimeter, and I get them weak with a lot of background hiss. Might be my proximity to you know who.

I was thinking about the old WGST plant which is now WGKA's plant. WGST's 640 plant is the old Air America station (Al Franken & others). Can't remember the callsign. But as I recall I never heard any spots on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
    I was thinking about the old WGST plant which is now WGKA's plant. WGST's 640 plant is the old Air America station (Al Franken & others). Can't remember the callsign. But as I recall I never heard any spots on it.
    No, the old Air America station was 1690, which is now WMLB. They broadcast from Lenox Road and share a tower with 970 and 1190.

Actually...

Air America started out on 640 then moved to 1690 when 640 was sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    I'm about a mile and a half inside the Perimeter, and I get them weak with a lot of background hiss. Might be my proximity to you know who.
    I could see that. For some reason, the power lines along Pleasant Hill and other roads often cause 680 to flood the whole AM dial (except for You Know Who). I wonder if the 680 transmitter off of Spalding is on that part of the grid. My daughter (who is long past her Radio Disney days, as is Radio Disney) has an electronics kit where you can build an AM radio, and the only station it picks up consistently is 680 (being in Gwinnett).
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
    Air America started out on 640 then moved to 1690 when 640 was sold.
    WGST bought 640 back in the 80s, long before Air America.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    No, the old Air America station was 1690, which is now WMLB. They broadcast from Lenox Road and share a tower with 970 and 1190.
    And before that, they were on one of WATB's three towers. WATB (1420) is the old WAVO, and is across from what used to be the Softball Country Club, next to the Perimeter in Scottdale.

http://radio-locator.com/info/WATB-AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12