• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Major WSB Schedule Changes

invictus

New Participating Member
Herman Cain going to two hours, 9am to 11am.

Von Haessler for an hour at 11am to 12pm.

Mark Arum to 7pm to 9pm.

They're moving Hannity's third hour to 9pm.

Clark Howard goes to 10pm.

The only three people not affected are Scott Slade, Rush Limbaugh, and Eric Erickson. I'm surprised they aren't moving Erickson to late night.

Good changes. Looks like they are grooming EVH for Herman Cain's slot. Mark Arum does a great show; glad he's being moved to 7-9PM. That also will make it easier for Mark to get up for his morning traffic shift.

I'd prefer Clark from 9-11 and the third hour of Hannity from 11-midnight.

Come contract renewal time, Will Clark have to find another station? Just a thought could 106.7 use him?

He's probably too tied in to Cox. He's on WSB-TV and has a column in the AJC as well as his work on WSB radio. Also, he has syndication, and I doubt he really cares where WSB puts him at this point in his career.

The Cox stations that are keeping Cain. Will they be getting an hour of Von Haessler as well? Or will Cain do an hour for Dayton, Jacksonville, etc?

When Clark was at 8PM I thought they were probably losing audience to Schnitt on 640 who is #12 in the Heavy Hundred.

When Clark was at 8PM I thought they were probably losing audience to Schnitt on 640 who is #12 in the Heavy Hundred.

WGST/640 has very little nighttime signal except for downtown and Midtown.

BTW, Clark's show on WSB is recorded.

And northeast at least to the spaghetti junction area. Its a straight shot 10 miles up 85 from their Lennox Rd transmitter location.
Clark's show is not only recorded but edited from calls that come in at various times. He's #46 on the Heavy Hundred. Not bad for a recorded show.

WGST comes in decent at night pretty much anywhere ITP, and you can go about 10 miles OTP as well. Beyond that it's hit or miss. YMMV.

I'm about a mile and a half inside the Perimeter, and I get them weak with a lot of background hiss. Might be my proximity to you know who.

I was thinking about the old WGST plant which is now WGKA's plant. WGST's 640 plant is the old Air America station (Al Franken & others). Can't remember the callsign. But as I recall I never heard any spots on it.

I was thinking about the old WGST plant which is now WGKA's plant. WGST's 640 plant is the old Air America station (Al Franken & others). Can't remember the callsign. But as I recall I never heard any spots on it.

No, the old Air America station was 1690, which is now WMLB. They broadcast from Lenox Road and share a tower with 970 and 1190.

Actually...

Air America started out on 640 then moved to 1690 when 640 was sold.

I'm about a mile and a half inside the Perimeter, and I get them weak with a lot of background hiss. Might be my proximity to you know who.

I could see that. For some reason, the power lines along Pleasant Hill and other roads often cause 680 to flood the whole AM dial (except for You Know Who). I wonder if the 680 transmitter off of Spalding is on that part of the grid. My daughter (who is long past her Radio Disney days, as is Radio Disney) has an electronics kit where you can build an AM radio, and the only station it picks up consistently is 680 (being in Gwinnett).

Air America started out on 640 then moved to 1690 when 640 was sold.

WGST bought 640 back in the 80s, long before Air America.

No, the old Air America station was 1690, which is now WMLB. They broadcast from Lenox Road and share a tower with 970 and 1190.

And before that, they were on one of WATB's three towers. WATB (1420) is the old WAVO, and is across from what used to be the Softball Country Club, next to the Perimeter in Scottdale.

http://radio-locator.com/info/WATB-AM

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom