• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Susan Olsen fired from LA Talk Radio

umfan

Star Participant
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...y-actress-fired-interview-gay-actor/95316826/

As far as I can tell, this is a podcast and streaming operation and doesn't have a LA frequency. I placed the story here because of it's identification with the LA market.

She didn't say anything on the air, but sent him a Facebook message that allegedly contained a term the recipient found offensive.

I doubt they were paying her much, so I'm not sure this is much of a loss for her.

What was the offensive term she allegedly uttered? Without that info we have no way of evaluating whether the outrgage is warranted.

Anybody and everybody has a podcast nowadays. It is the ultimate act of narcissism, in that the podcasters assumes there is a large audience that wants to hear them drone on. Have you ever heard of the term podscum?

What was the offensive term she allegedly uttered? Without that info we have no way of evaluating whether the outrgage is warranted.

Anybody and everybody has a podcast nowadays. It is the ultimate act of narcissism, in that the podcasters assumes there is a large audience that wants to hear them drone on. Have you ever heard of the term podscum?

It wasn't spoken on air. It was a Facebook post. The slur was the "f-word" used as a pejorative for a gay man.

As far as I can tell, this is a podcast and streaming operation and doesn't have a LA frequency. I placed the story here because of it's identification with the LA market..

Yes, this is a streaming / podcasting operation. It is not carried on OTA radio.

Either I am in total ignorance or losing my touch, but I had never even heard of it before.

I noticed they are looking for new Hosts and the pay is, well you will pay them. That 36 floor view is beautiful!

"Our low airtime fee makes it affordable to host your own radio show right away, and provides you with everything you need to broadcast your show LIVE in CD-quality on the Internet, while being promoted on our website, iTunes, social networks, and search engines. Find your choice of available time slots".

The F word is offensive so she should have been canned. If this is a pay to play outfit can you really be fired? Sadly a lot of the small AM Radio stations are now pay to play.

Anybody have an idea how much it cost? I didn't see any details on cost on the website. I got a few ideas about a potential show, but no money to pay for it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom