Santa 98.7 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Santa 98.7

All the songs revolve around a money theme according to their Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by TScott187 View Post
    Maybe they are implementing a Money Talk / Business format to compete with 1380, or some kind of a cash giveaway.
    Jeffrey M. 'Mark' Tillery
    J. M. Tillery & Associates, P. A.
    Email Contact: jmtillery1@aol.com

Whatever it is it wont be "The Donald" long, what a terrible mash of uncommon genres and hands down the worst segues ever! I think there is a hole it's time we bring back the "Power Pig"

seriously we have 3 signals of each format why is there no new "fresh" format, guys this is Tampa Bay, legendary radio was born (and now killed) here

Quote Originally Posted by TScott187 View Post
    Yes it is kind of hilarious even though it is not listenable for all day because of the heavy rotation of few songs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtillery View Post
    Maybe they are implementing a Money Talk / Business format to compete with 1380, or some kind of a cash giveaway.
    Beasley is currently running a Money Talk/Business format on WHFS AM 1010 (with a Clearwater translator at 106.9, fed by WQYK-FM HD2). They could move it to 98.7, but I doubt it.

Lets face it, this is a challenged signal at best, not a lot of formats have listeners that tolerate that. I will bet whatever they do it wont be much more successful then previous formats. Beasley has it's hands full. Too bad they ignored SRQ ratings for Bubba (double digit shares) they could have done something there even if you couldn't hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Beasley is currently running a Money Talk/Business format on WHFS AM 1010 (with a Clearwater translator at 106.9, fed by WQYK-FM HD2). They could move it to 98.7, but I doubt it.
    It will be interesting to see (or hear) exactly what Beasley does with this signal. It was originally a class A owned by Entercom and was upgraded to a class C2 at the expense of co-owned WKTK 98.5 serving Gainesville which was downgraded from a full C to a C1. WKTK lost much of its fringe coverage while 98.7 only realized a marginal gain in coverage. Still, it isn't bad. Before Wild moved off 98.7 going to 94.1, the station had pretty good ratings. That is the only time I am aware that 98.7 performed well.
    Jeffrey M. 'Mark' Tillery
    J. M. Tillery & Associates, P. A.
    Email Contact: jmtillery1@aol.com

EXACTLY..... 98.7 can perform great with the CORRECT format. It must be different and something that isn't already available in the market. The rock format they were attempting sucked. Most of those songs were already on 2 other full powered stations. It's the same situation with 92.5 and 97.1. Both signals, when providing programming not offered elsewhere, do well. When 92.5 was country, it didn't work. As Spanish, it does. When 97.1 was oldies, it didn't work, when flipped to the market's first true "alternative", it did. Same goes for 98.7. It performed VERY well as "Wild". Bring back THAT format on the signal for that demo, who is much older now than the actual target for "Wild" on 94.1. Throwbacks... and iHeart knows it by doing what they did two weeks ago. The only other option where I see something working is an alternative format where you attempt to take out 97.1.... or skew it classic alternative and sell it as a combo with Q105. As for a curve ball.... maybe they want a female targeted station in the cluster and maybe that's where Chadd and Kristi are going.... but you didn't hear that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by billalm View Post
    As for a curve ball.... maybe they want a female targeted station in the cluster and maybe that's where Chadd and Kristi are going.... but you didn't hear that from me.
    Does this mean the curve ball is that Play 98.7 is coming back? I enjoyed that station, before I got into enjoying 93.3 and 101.5 (then hating 101.5). Although Kramer can't be brought back and the other 2 co-hosts came back for another station, and that is WPOI/HOT 101.5, maybe Chadd & Kristi could be the new morning show there (if it happens)?

I don't see "Play" coming back. However, look at the current Beasley cluster and let me know how they capture the Women 18-34 or Women 25-54 demographic. Maybe a bit in the older demos with Q105 but I don't know... I'm guessing Cox (94.9, 101.5, and 105.5) and iHeart (93.3 and 100.7) dominate in that area. Adding 98.7 as an AC slices that pie up again.... and the only way you get an audience over there is with established talent. However, no way can the market handle that many female leaning AC and CHRs. At least one won't last. Now with 95.7 clearly dominating the urban adult audience, flipping to some sort of urban that attacks them seems to be the easiest route to scoring an audience for 98.7... while at the same time creating a sales combo with 94.1.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast