• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any News Here Or Is The Site Dead?

WRXB has an issue with the antenna system, that will be looked at tomorrow as I hear Kurt Gorman is in town.

Yes Kurt Gorman is in town.

He was been working on the WTIS/WAMA diplex and WTMP.

Just had lunch with him the other day.

Kurt is such a nice guy!!! :cool:

Yes Kurt Gorman is in town.

He was been working on the WTIS/WAMA diplex and WTMP.

Just had lunch with him the other day.

. Thanks to all for all the info. One question will WTMP continue to re-broadcast WTMP 1150 or is this just a temporary deal during testing? I had the impression or misimpression that the 97.5 was going to re-broadcast WHBO-1040?

I had tried to do this reply earlier today and kept getting the following message:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters."
"

Just been listening to 97X today in my car on HD1 and notice the audio seems tinny or canned. Is this just my problem or are they finally upgrading the signal?

Just been listening to 97X today in my car on HD1 and notice the audio seems tinny or canned. Is this just my problem or are they finally upgrading the signal?

I am listening 3 hours later and to me listening on my Sangean HD radio, 97.1HD sounds just fine, but the HD2 which re-broadcasts 970-WFLA.......now the HD2 does sound tinny.

Update: someone may be working on this now, or maybe it was a temporary glitch, but the HD2 sound has improved somewhat over the last few minutes. (Or maybe I’m getting used to it! )

Last edited:
I am still checking for La Numero Uno on 99.1 every day.
I sure hope they do not pop up while I am gone next week.

Whenever I hear something like that about someone I do not know,
I imagine someone kicking a small animal :rolleyes:

Last edited:
97.1 HD2 does not rebroadcast WFLA. 97.9 HD2 has WFLA. 97.1 HD2 has WHPT "The Bone"

You’re right of course, I usuallly don’t listen to either 97.1 or 97.7 , but continue to confuse the two, with their dial positions so close and their shared tower site. At any rate, I was hearing what sounded like a political talk program and assumed it was WFLA and it did sound tinny. It still sounds tinny; just tried again and somehow I must have pushed one of the pre-sets since the dial position had changed form 97.1HD2 to 97.9HD2.——————-

Note to a14i - can’t help you with a reception report on 99.1 south of the bay, not with the 99.1 LPFM in St. Pete........I do get the 1450 translator on 103.9 in s.e. St. Pete half the time, and WSMR’s translator - the other half of the time; seems to depend on which way the way the wind is blowing! :)

Last edited:
I do get the 1450 translator on 103.9 in s.e. St. Pete half the time, and WSMR’s translator - the other half of the time
They will be on the 1280/1450 tower near Mote Marine and north of St. Armands circle and I work at SRQ airport,
so as long as I am there, I hope to be the first to hear and report on them.

Thats a good haul for the WSMR translator.
It is quite a haul and at first when I thought it could be the translator, I thought it couldn’t be, even though it sounded like the format and music I had heard described but then I matched it up with 1450; which puts in a decent signal to the bayfront areas in south and southeast Pinellas County.......still not near the distance that the LPFM in Brandon at 90.1 puts out.

The FCC needs to look at 90.1. They are obviously running illegal power.
My favorite NPR station is on 90.1, but they are fairly solid in Sara-Mana most of the time.
Wish I had an HD receiver in my car, I like their HD2 better than WSMR.

My favorite NPR station is on 90.1, but they are fairly solid in Sara-Mana most of the time.
Wish I had an HD receiver in my car, I like their HD2 better than WSMR.
Used to be that in St Pete, at 90.1 I would receive a weak WGCU most of the time and at other times WJUF 90.1 out of Inverness. Now it’s strictly the LPFM out of Brandon, that is supposed to be less than 50 watts, but I suspect they’re probably about 500 - 1,000 watts.

When I’m in eastern Hernando County the LPFM will sometime interfere with WJUF 90.1 on my car radio if I travel south and one day last month, the LPFM was even causing some interference just inside Sumter county, just about 4 miles south of Bushnell.

Also they are airing shows with commercials in the non-commercial band. Is there some exception to this for LP stations, or as I suspect are they in violation?

By FCC law, all LPFM stations are supposed to be NON-commercial. But 90.1 seems to view the "FCC Rules & Regulations" as the "FCC Recommendations & Suggestions"

The FCC responds to complaints. If you believe a station is breaking the law, you have to complain. You can do it at their website. Then they will investigate.

It a shame they don't understand this kind of behavior damages the larger LPFM cause and even threatens the entire service. This will undoubtedly be used as a case in front of the FCC when the issue of more LP's vs Translators or the LP1000 class come back up for comment (which I would love to see) Very sad especially since this was a commercial radio employee so ignorance cannot be claimed of the rules. Makes us all look bad................

It a shame they don't understand this kind of behavior damages the larger LPFM cause and even threatens the entire service. This will undoubtedly be used as a case in front of the FCC when the issue of more LP's vs Translators or the LP1000 class come back up for comment (which I would love to see) Very sad especially since this was a commercial radio employee so ignorance cannot be claimed of the rules. Makes us all look bad................

I don't disagree with your assessment about the damage to legit LPFM operators. I can't imagine jeopardizing the license of the university's FM license over something stupid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom