Any News Here Or Is The Site Dead? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any News Here Or Is The Site Dead?

Power 100 Wypw-lp out of Brandon moved from 99.9 to 90.1 on Friday calling themselves power 90.1. Other than that, nothing else with the station has changed including coverage area.

See, told you I heard he got fired & it's true.

I am so bummed out about this Low Power station at 90.1. I used to be able to hear WUFT from Inverness and WGCU North Fort Myers on this frequency. And now just more of the same bad radio.

And now that WUSF is moving Science Friday to 7 PM WUFT is the only way to hear it live (and they carry both hours).
    Larry
    Lake Wobegone, FL

I Heart Media national downsizing cuts include "Brody" from 933FLZ evening guy.

You know, 90.1 is not too bad. I have heard them play specialty shows at times. They also have the DJ Mo show which is really cool.
    Austin

Thanks, Austin! Always great to hear from a fan!
    Yes, I am currently on Sunday nights 8pm-12am on WYPW Power 90.1!
    - DJ Mo
    Syndicated Radio Show Producer / Mix DJ
    "DJ Mo Radio" - Fresh New Music & The Hypest Throwbacks!

WPRK 91.5 (Winter Park-Orlando, FL): Fri 5-7p
    WYPW Power 90.1 (Brandon-Tampa, FL): Sun 8p-12a
    WRSG Knights Radio 91.5 (Middlebourne-Parkersburg, WV) Fri 8-9p
    WASP 104.5 (Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY) Weeknights 9-11p

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/djmoradio
    Podcast: http://djmoradio.podomatic.com
    Email: djmoradio@gmail.com

Some quick updates that i noticed in the past few weeks and just today in the radio world of Tampa. Money Talk 1010 WHFS has been on a translator over on 103.1 for a few months now and today i noticed it also over on 92.1 w221dw which is a good coverage area over the heart of Tampa. The next thing was w275az 102.9 here in south Tampa has finally made the switch over to 970 WFLA after being with the other 3 translators of thunder and throwback for many years. I think this will last longer here than it did over on 105.9 when they tried it once.

mostly St. Petersburg,FL (2nd listening post is extreme eastern Hernando county Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollshane View Post
    Some quick updates that i noticed in the past few weeks and just today in the radio world of Tampa. Money Talk 1010 WHFS has been on a translator over on 103.1 for a few months now and today i noticed it also over on 92.1 w221dw which is a good coverage area over the heart of Tampa. The next thing was w275az 102.9 here in south Tampa has finally made the switch over to 970 WFLA after being with the other 3 translators of thunder and throwback for many years. I think this will last longer here than it did over on 105.9 when they tried it once.
    Thanks for all the info; will have to check 92.1 and 102.9 next time I go through Tampa.

Across the bay in Saint Petersburg, 97.5 is now broadcasting WTMP AM 1150; there is some static on 4th St N and 38th Ave N and points south, static and the occasional cut in of WPCV 97.5; also the 90.1 LPFM really gets the mileage in their coverage, it used to be that 90.1 in S.E. South Petersburg was either WJUF out of Inverness or WGCU out of Fort Myers depending on which way the wind was blowing; now it's neither but alway the LPFM out of the Brandon area.

On the AM band, with it's new tower location and null toward the south, WHBO 1040 has gone from a strong signal to mediocre during the day and at night it sounds like a distant station from S.E. SP and the USFSP area with plenty of fading and Cuban interference. Also WRXB 1590 for the last several months sounds as though they are about 150 watts day and night, instead of the 5,000 watts day and 1,000 watts night; not as bad as their previous problem, but something has to be wrong with their new or re-built transmitter.
    Last edited by drt; 08-09-2017 at 09:15 PM.

WRXB has an issue with the antenna system, that will be looked at tomorrow as I hear Kurt Gorman is in town.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast