• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

880 am Thursday night

johntherogger

Frequent Participant
Am I losing my mind or was that classic soul music I heard on 880am Thursday night?

Is it another station, pirate or did The Biz flip formats?

Could just be someone who brokers time on the station, I know there's a show Sundays on 880 that plays standards, big band, and the like. I wish I'd been around for the days of WRBD in Broward...

Could just be someone who brokers time on the station, I know there's a show Sundays on 880 that plays standards, big band, and the like. I wish I'd been around for the days of WRBD in Broward...

Am I losing my mind or was that classic soul music I heard on 880am Thursday night?

Is it another station, pirate or did The Biz flip formats?

NOPE, not losing your mind JohntheRogger. No flips or pirates, just brokering to pay the bills. I also heard the Classic WRBD 1470 era Classic Soul music, and the WBDF 1420 era Big Band music, too. And this weekend, early morning, it seems 880 picked up Sid Mark's long running "Sounds of Sinatra" very early Sunday . . . and it segue'd into an Business Investing program! I also heard from someone they are running a Jewish music/news program as well (but I haven't heard it, or want to bother to seach online for that).

Note: Wasn't Sid on the old 99.5 WJBW The Jukebox way back when? I seem to remember it being on WLVJ 1040 as well . . . . I do know its been a while since Sid Mark had a South Florida affiliate. As for "Jewish" music, could it be that same Jewish music and news show that was long running on WLVJ 640 and 1040, then moved to WWNN 1470? Can't recall the show name or the host, but it was an institution down here for many, many years.

That "Big Band" Show is actually Dick Robinson from WLML Legends 100.3

So, yeah, as Stangelove pointed out, its not a "format" change . . . 880 WZAB "The Biz" is doing whatever it has to do to pay the bills . . . .

BTW: 880 WZAB is a Salem Media station and sisters with WHIM 1080 "The Answer" and WKAT 1360 "Radio Luz." They also just picked up WOCN 1450 from Caron Broadcasting, Inc and running "Spanish Variety" and 1450 picked up a W235CJ FM translator at 101.9 MHz in downtown Miami.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom