• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

If you've always wanted to see Tijuana radio ratings, today's your lucky day

Sammi Brie

Star Participant
One odd thing about INRA, the big Mexican ratings measurement company, is that it will often publish its own studies. Recently, they went on a kick of releasing share percentages for most, if not all, of the markets they survey.

Of course, that includes Tijuana:

https://twitter.com/INRAmedios/status/784120782494453760

The top 5 in Tijuana are XHTIM, XHLTN, XHA and XHTY. In fact, the "double Invasora", were it to be counted as one station, would pull in 20 percent market share and be counted as the market leader ahead of XHTIM with 16.7 percent share.

The top-rating US stations are KLNV, KLQV and KHTS, occupying 10th through 12th place respectively. The US stations *still* manage to pull in more share than the Tijuana AMs.

These are 8+ ratings conducted in August.

One odd thing about INRA, the big Mexican ratings measurement company, is that it will often publish its own studies. Recently, they went on a kick of releasing share percentages for most, if not all, of the markets they survey.

Of course, that includes Tijuana:

https://twitter.com/INRAmedios/status/784120782494453760

The top 5 in Tijuana are XHTIM, XHLTN, XHA and XHTY. In fact, the "double Invasora", were it to be counted as one station, would pull in 20 percent market share and be counted as the market leader ahead of XHTIM with 16.7 percent share.

The top-rating US stations are KLNV, KLQV and KHTS, occupying 10th through 12th place respectively. The US stations *still* manage to pull in more share than the Tijuana AMs.

These are 8+ ratings conducted in August.

Interesting that KPBS's Calexico signal shows up in this.

Interesting that KPBS's Calexico signal shows up in this.

That might be an error from someone compiling the chart. That's my guess.

I find it funny that, of the Invasoras, the San Diego signal beats the Tijuana one in Tijuana. Perhaps Uniradio might be served well by consolidating the two and putting another format on one of the stations?

That might be an error from someone compiling the chart. That's my guess.

I find it funny that, of the Invasoras, the San Diego signal beats the Tijuana one in Tijuana. Perhaps Uniradio might be served well by consolidating the two and putting another format on one of the stations?

I'm guessing that the Tijuana signal has significant billing from national accounts. That was the whole idea: sell one in Tijuana at Peso based rates, and the other in San Diego and in DOllars. That way they don't leave any money on the table.

Wow! Love some some LA stations showed up in their ratings, namely KLYY and KBUE.

Keep in mind that the INRA survey is aided recall. So a person who listened to one of those stations while in LA might be surveyed in Tijuana. That is why far out of town FM stations occasionally show in US diary books, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom