If you've always wanted to see Tijuana radio ratings, today's your lucky day

Thread: If you've always wanted to see Tijuana radio ratings, today's your lucky day

If you've always wanted to see Tijuana radio ratings, today's your lucky day

One odd thing about INRA, the big Mexican ratings measurement company, is that it will often publish its own studies. Recently, they went on a kick of releasing share percentages for most, if not all, of the markets they survey.

Of course, that includes Tijuana:

https://twitter.com/INRAmedios/statu...20782494453760

The top 5 in Tijuana are XHTIM, XHLTN, XHA and XHTY. In fact, the "double Invasora", were it to be counted as one station, would pull in 20 percent market share and be counted as the market leader ahead of XHTIM with 16.7 percent share.

The top-rating US stations are KLNV, KLQV and KHTS, occupying 10th through 12th place respectively. The US stations *still* manage to pull in more share than the Tijuana AMs.

These are 8+ ratings conducted in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymie View Post
    One odd thing about INRA, the big Mexican ratings measurement company, is that it will often publish its own studies. Recently, they went on a kick of releasing share percentages for most, if not all, of the markets they survey.

Of course, that includes Tijuana:

https://twitter.com/INRAmedios/statu...20782494453760

The top 5 in Tijuana are XHTIM, XHLTN, XHA and XHTY. In fact, the "double Invasora", were it to be counted as one station, would pull in 20 percent market share and be counted as the market leader ahead of XHTIM with 16.7 percent share.

The top-rating US stations are KLNV, KLQV and KHTS, occupying 10th through 12th place respectively. The US stations *still* manage to pull in more share than the Tijuana AMs.

These are 8+ ratings conducted in August.
    Interesting that KPBS's Calexico signal shows up in this.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    Interesting that KPBS's Calexico signal shows up in this.
    That might be an error from someone compiling the chart. That's my guess.

I find it funny that, of the Invasoras, the San Diego signal beats the Tijuana one in Tijuana. Perhaps Uniradio might be served well by consolidating the two and putting another format on one of the stations?

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymie View Post
    That might be an error from someone compiling the chart. That's my guess.

I find it funny that, of the Invasoras, the San Diego signal beats the Tijuana one in Tijuana. Perhaps Uniradio might be served well by consolidating the two and putting another format on one of the stations?
    I'm guessing that the Tijuana signal has significant billing from national accounts. That was the whole idea: sell one in Tijuana at Peso based rates, and the other in San Diego and in DOllars. That way they don't leave any money on the table.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Wow! Love some some LA stations showed up in their ratings, namely KLYY and KBUE.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojomo View Post
    Wow! Love some some LA stations showed up in their ratings, namely KLYY and KBUE.
    Keep in mind that the INRA survey is aided recall. So a person who listened to one of those stations while in LA might be surveyed in Tijuana. That is why far out of town FM stations occasionally show in US diary books, too.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.