Delilah in the Hall!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Delilah in the Hall!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    71

    Delilah in the Hall!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    8,609
    I'll say the same! She has done a wonderful job with the dedications, the love stories and the callers struggling with their marriage or a family death. I'm surprised she gets 8,000,000 listeners/night. That number would rise if Warm (or even KAFE) would carry her show again. Doesn't make sense that her HOME market doesn't carry her.
    734 AM's in the log, 554 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 90.7 XHTIM-BCN, 95.9 KFSH-CA, 95.1 KBBY-CA and 88.3 KAXL-CA; 6/8/17 E-skip
    Last New AM Log: KUKI-1400 Ukiah, CA 3/26/17

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Doesn't make sense that her HOME market doesn't carry her.
    So, you're saying that because she lives on Bainbridge Island that there is some obligation local stations should carry her show? That doesn't make sense.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    So, you're saying that because she lives on Bainbridge Island that there is some obligation local stations should carry her show? That doesn't make sense.
    Absolutely. The fact that she is successful is actually a testament to the NW, as someone can do it from here, or anywhere for that matter. That said, I can't think of any Seattle station that would be right for her programming right now. We'll see what KPLZ sounds like in the new year...

  5. #5
    Larger market stations typically don't want to give up inventory for a show like this, nor would they want to pay for it either. I suspect Seattle/Tacoma stations see the ultimate cost of carrying Delila's show and for business reasons, have elected to pass. It has zero to do with whether she tracks the show from her home in the PNW. That, and I doubt most listeners know where she lives anyway, so that detail has no impact either.

  6. #6
    Maybe KIXI will eventually pick her up. They already have John Tesh middays.
    Last edited by fordranger797; 12-11-2016 at 02:10 AM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham WA
    Posts
    5,755
    Quote Originally Posted by fordranger797 View Post
    Maybe KIXI will eventually pick her up. They already have John Tesh middays.
    I've noticed while scanning the online dial she seems to be on more stations in the South and Midwest. I can see where her kind of program fits in those areas. But it's strange knowing she was once a nightly radio institution in Seattle, going back to her Lights Out days on KLSY.
    Awww, you're an "alpha male". Isn't that cute...

  8. #8
    She has a great show, and this is an appropriate recognition of her work. Congratulations to her!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    I've noticed while scanning the online dial she seems to be on more stations in the South and Midwest.
    She was dropped here in Nashville (by a female PD, no less) nearly five years ago. However, she is still on their sister station in Knoxville, so far as I know.

  10. #10
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    34,464
    Quote Originally Posted by firepoint525 View Post
    She was dropped here in Nashville (by a female PD, no less) nearly five years ago. However, she is still on their sister station in Knoxville, so far as I know.
    Nashville: PPM
    Knoxville: Diary
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us