• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Here are the nominees in the Dance Category at the 2017 Grammys

only1moore

Star Participant
Best Dance Recording:

"Tearing Me Up" — Bob Moses
"Don't Let Me Down" — The Chainsmokers Featuring Daya
"Never Be Like You" — Flume Featuring Kai
"Rinse & Repeat" — Riton Featuring Kah-Lo
"Drinkee" — Sofi Tukker

Best Dance/Electronic Album:

Skin — Flume
Electronica 1: The Time Machine — Jean-Michel Jarre
Epoch — Tycho
Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future — Underworld
Louie Vega Starring…XXVIII — Louie Vega

Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical

"Cali Coast (Psionics Remix)" — Josh Williams, remixer (Soul Pacific)
"Heavy Star Movin' (staRo Remix)" — staRo, remixer (The Silver Lake Chorus)
"Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Five (Timo Maas & James Teej Remix)" — Timo Maas & James Teej, remixers (Paul McCartney & Wings)
"Only" (Kaskade X Lipless Remix)— Ryan Raddon, remixer (Ry X)
"Tearing Me Up (RAC Remix)" — André Allen Anjos, remixer (Bob Moses)
"Wide Open (Joe Goddard Remix)" — Joe Goddard, remixer (The Chemical Brothers)

And the winners are:

Best Dance Recording: Chainsmokers featuring Daya, "Don't Let Me Down"
Best Dance/Electronic Album: Flume, "Skin"
Best Remixed Recording: Andre Allen Anjos, "Tearin' Me Up" (RAC Remix)" [Bob Moses]

Anybody else realize that the Grammys are virtually all about visual impact and dancing (or should we call it rhythmic insect infestation)?

Audio, the basis for "Grammys" is almost a side show.

No, I didn't watch by choice. I was in a bar and grill whose 15 large screens were focused on this crap despite no one watching. The food was good and the beer was cold though.

Anybody else realize that the Grammys are virtually all about visual impact and dancing (or should we call it rhythmic insect infestation)?

Audio, the basis for "Grammys" is almost a side show.

No, I didn't watch by choice. I was in a bar and grill whose 15 large screens were focused on this crap despite no one watching. The food was good and the beer was cold though.

Funny, but I remarked with my SO that the artists are as good as any, irrespective of era. Maybe better.

I really don't want to go back on o when weathermen wrote the te,ps backwards on a piece of glass and some songs sounded like they were recorded on a Webcor in a basement studio treated with egg cartons and commercial carpeting.

Funny, but I remarked with my SO that the artists are as good as any, irrespective of era. Maybe better.

I won't comment on the artists because I don't listen to any of them but judging by the reviews elsewhere on this forum and on the several morning shows, both radio and TV, that I saw this morning the show itself was given the raspberry. Adele (whoever that is) was given special criticism for blowing her tribute to somebody and cursing and the Bee Gee's tribute was universally panned. One local radio host singled out a Country couple for being especially boring both on the red carpet and in the presentation of an award. She said "it appeared neither wanted to be there". Neither did I.

As usual, the visual effects were over the top and the music was forgettable. Doesn't sound like this program was a thing of beauty.

I won't comment on the artists because I don't listen to any of them but judging by the reviews elsewhere on this forum and on the several morning shows, both radio and TV, that I saw this morning the show itself was given the raspberry.

Last night's presentation was not the greatest Grammy show ever, but definitely not bad or even mediocre. It was too long, and too much effort went into trying to combine artists of very different flavors in duos that were apparently paeans to diversity or the universality of music or something equally intangible. But that can be pinned on the producers, not the artists.

Adele (whoever that is) was given special criticism for blowing her tribute to somebody and cursing

Adele will likely be remembered among the best artists of this decade and perhaps the whole era. She's one of the very few to have sales approaching 200 million records (and than in an era when sales are harder to come by). She's been Billboard's artist of the year three times. She won a clean sweep of the major awards she was up for last night.

She missed a beat in here tribute to the great George Michael, stopped, apologized and went on to do a wonderful new arrangement of the tribute tune. The audience applauded here sincere apology and gave her a standing ovation at the end. "Rolling Stone" gave her an absolutely glowing review for that song and the opening tune to the whole event.

and the Bee Gee's tribute was universally panned.

Again, differences of opinion on production values, not the singers.

One local radio host singled out a Country couple for being especially boring both on the red carpet and in the presentation of an award. She said "it appeared neither wanted to be there". Neither did I.

Since the red carpet was mercifully short, unlike the annoying Oscars red carpet, there was not much time to form any impressions there. Sounds like the jock was just being snarky.

As usual, the visual effects were over the top and the music was forgettable. Doesn't sound like this program was a thing of beauty.

Almost all pop music is ephemeral. But to say that shows of the past, both in production and the quality of the artists, were better is pretty much a "you kids get off of my lawn" statement.

Maybe there was nothing that compared with, say, Kendrick and Imagine Dragons together at the 2014 Grammy show, and Beyoncé's self-appointed "queenship" number was truly annoying but, overall, it was a delightful show and as good as any I've seen.

But to say that shows of the past, both in production and the quality of the artists, were better is pretty much a "you kids get off of my lawn" statement.

I was comparing artists of old and not the award shows.

As the artists get weaker the production gets more elaborate visuals and the music itself takes a back seat.

Volume does not make up for lack of talent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom