• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tejano on 106.5???

Yar, that be a pirate or bleedover from 106.7. Kind of a stupid frequency to pirate on though with 106.7 right there, most DFW pirates stick to 99.9.

Hmmm. I see an app and CP from the Hispanic Family Christian Network for a station in Dallas on 106.5 at 250 watts. I don't see anything else that's likely to be what you're hearing.

Seems unlikely to be reaching Denton or north Fort Worth with much of a signal. In fact, I'd expect you'd have better luck receiving KOOI from Jacksonville from either of those locations.

Thanks to wet roads, my trip to Taco Bell took 25 minutes instead of 5, but I got to hear an ID on this station in both English and Spanish at 5:50.

It's K240EQ, the CP I mentioned before, licensed to Hispanic Family Christian Network.

They also said the signal would be coming soon to 97.5 HD3.

I heard this station around 1pm in the south Plano area and didn't hear any ID on the station but thanks for the info above.

Looking at it via radio-locator, it says it simulcasts 97.9 the Beat on 106.5 and also 95.9. I wonder why KBFB needs translators like that if 97.9 is already a 100,000 watt stick.

I heard this station around 1pm in the south Plano area and didn't hear any ID on the station but thanks for the info above.

Looking at it via radio-locator, it says it simulcasts 97.9 the Beat on 106.5 and also 95.9. I wonder why KBFB needs translators like that if 97.9 is already a 100,000 watt stick.

FCC filings (and radio-locator for that matter) do not specify if a translator is simulcasting a main frequency or an HD side channel. Obviously The Beat itself does not need a translator - those translators will simulcast one of the HD side channels of 97.9, in this case one leased out to another operator.

No way they are following that CP with coverage like that. Then again, they're not the first to do that in Dallas either.
(*cough*KYNC, K240DS*cough*)

No way they are following that CP with coverage like that. Then again, they're not the first to do that in Dallas either.
(*cough*KYNC, K240DS*cough*)

...or elsewhere, for that matter.

Radio One corporate plans to lease out KBFB HD 3 signal to Hispanic Family Christian Network, Inc. However, That has yet to happen. It appears HFCN, Inc has jumped the gun and filed for a translator using KBFB has primary signal. When I spoke to someone with familiar with the situation they stated they were not supposed to be broadcasting with their own equipment until the LMA was complete. You can draw your own conclusion on how this might plan out and I might add that I listened to the station one night and it was broadcasting profanity laced music. This one might get interesting.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom