• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's a Lite Christmas

Look like Entercom is bucking the SFL trend and going all christmas. Feels nice to finally have a station playing it here. Last year was just odd.

Easy appears to be playing Christmas music periodically in between their regular Playlist.

Looks like that's a big no. Thanks again Lite!

On a different note it appears that 1080am is doing Christmas music. Not sure if it's 247.

Looks like that's a big no. Thanks again Lite!

On a different note it appears that 1080am is doing Christmas music. Not sure if it's 247.

Sunny 107.9 is all Christmas - they have been since the week of Thanksgiving. Though the signal is not as strong for Miami, us Broward people can get it nice and clear :)

LITE's holiday-music posture is pretty much the same as it's been for about 10 years now. All-holiday weekends, with seasonal cuts sprinkled through the workday. And, of course, the 47th Annual Holiday Festival of Music beginning at noon Christmas Eve.

Should you desire 24/7 holly-jolly ... check out The LITE FM Holiday Channel, available at http://LiteMiami.com (link in the upper right) ... directly at http://TodaysLifeMiami.com ... on the TuneIn mobile app ... and on your HD Radio at 101.5-HD2. Enjoy!

LITE's holiday-music posture is pretty much the same as it's been for about 10 years now. All-holiday weekends, with seasonal cuts sprinkled through the workday. And, of course, the 47th Annual Holiday Festival of Music beginning at noon Christmas Eve.

Should you desire 24/7 holly-jolly ... check out The LITE FM Holiday Channel, available at http://LiteMiami.com (link in the upper right) ... directly at http://TodaysLifeMiami.com ... on the TuneIn mobile app ... and on your HD Radio at 101.5-HD2. Enjoy!

Lite 101.5 HD2 is way too Christmas traditional. No upbeat contemporary hits. I've listened and couldn't handle it. The FM that they "sprinkle" through the day is better lol

Isn't it odd that Miami has no full time secular FM Christmas station? Nearly all big markets have at least one. Some have two and there are even a few places where there are three. Other than Miami, I think Atlanta and maybe Tampa are the only sizable markets with no all-Christmas station.

And are you sure that WLYF-HD2 is unusually traditional? Most stations that go all-Christmas only play a few songs from 2000 on. It's not unusual to hear WLTW NYC play Sinatra, Anne Murray, The Carpenters and Burl Ives back to back. Maybe a song from Faith Hill or Michael Buble gets heard between all the old songs. But of course, even then, the songs they sing are Holly Jolly Christmas and Silver Bells. Virtually no original music is in the format.

OK, I just checked. And it turns out that WDUV Tampa is doing All-Christmas music. So that leaves Miami and Atlanta as the only large markets with no secular FM Christmas station.

I wonder why Cox puts Christmas music on WDUV but not on WFEZ Miami and on WSB-FM Atlanta?

OK, I just checked. And it turns out that WDUV Tampa is doing All-Christmas music. So that leaves Miami and Atlanta as the only large markets with no secular FM Christmas station.

I wonder why Cox puts Christmas music on WDUV but not on WFEZ Miami and on WSB-FM Atlanta?

I can guess that the Miami reasoning is that in a market that is over 50% Hispanic, the "meaningfulness" of mostly traditional American / Anglo Christmas music is more limited and thus would not have the necessary "bang" that is associated with all-Christmas.

As a point of reference, no Spanish language station in the US or Latin America does all-Christmas. One attempt in LA caused the station that did it to lose 65% of its AQH audience.

I have no idea why Atlanta would be an exception.

As a point of reference, no Spanish language station in the US or Latin America does all-Christmas. One attempt in LA caused the station that did it to lose 65% of its AQH audience.

Do any French-language stations in Quebec do all-Christmas?

Looks like wafc has gone all Christmas. So is this South Florida's official Christmas station?

Looks like wafc has gone all Christmas. So is this South Florida's official Christmas station?

An AM with two little translators coming from Clewiston would not seem to qualify as South Florida's anything!

Speaking of WAFC and Glades Media: they are infact, running WAFZ AM1490/FM92.1 on WFLL 1400 AM, for those of you that asked on other threads. If you punch up WFLL on a radio, then pull up La Ley (which brands as 92.1 because of its FM translator), you'll see the programming matches (for those of you that don't speak/understand Spanish). But . . . WFLL has been off more than on lately, so it seems, Glades' programming on Jorgensen's station is just a temp place holder to put something over the air to move the needles while they test the equipment. And WFLL is fully installed and has new home at the WEXY 1520 AM transmitter site.

Also, driving down I-95, I noticed WEXY's Blue and Red neon sign blazing. I did travel down Oakland Park and noticed WEXY is no longer in Wilton Manors in that dinky grey house. They are in new digs, tucked behind in a office park, behind Lowe's. I'll take a shot at a guess: Much like Jorgensen still owning and running WMEN 640 and WFTL 850, but having the studios set up inside Alpha Media's complex (the old one time CBS digs at Northpoiont Parkway) with that LMA . . . I wonder if Jorgensen will set up a similar deal with Mulitcultural Radio, that is, Jorgensen will finance the build of studios for WFLL 1400 inside WEXY's new offices . . . and they'll (MRBI/WEXY) will provide "production services" to Jorgensen.

Meanwhile, up in West Palm Beach . . . . JVC Broadcastings WBGF 93.5 The Bar just burned through their four Program Director. Chris Chaos was let go. He's on his Facebook page advertising for new opportunities. He's been wiped off the WBGF site, and from JVC's WOW 104.9, which he also programmed and did a shift on it.

Oddly, The Bar has shut down the "Visitor's Comment" section of their Facebook page in the wake of Chaos' departure. I mention because, I thought for sure that WBGF was gonna flip to Christmas and a format change was coming. The changes don't shock me. WBGF has consistently been in last place (like 23rd out of 23 stations with a 0.1 overall book after book. The last two books they didn't even rank. So much for all that money and time in moving the tower and transmitter 7 miles east. Also, I noticed, their 2nd year anniversary came and went in November without a mention, no party, no concert, unlike Shark 104.3 did.

But, that's the latest happening down here.

An AM with two little translators coming from Clewiston would not seem to qualify as South Florida's anything!

Sorry David but 590 reaches from Palm Beach to downtown Miami with little to no static. I listen to it daily and know others who do as well. Since south Florida doesn't have a full time over the air Christmas station and they come in clear, they get the title.

Speaking of WAFC and Glades Media: they are infact, running WAFZ AM1490/FM92.1 on WFLL 1400 AM, for those of you that asked on other threads. If you punch up WFLL on a radio, then pull up La Ley (which brands as 92.1 because of its FM translator), you'll see the programming matches (for those of you that don't speak/understand Spanish). But . . . WFLL has been off more than on lately, so it seems, Glades' programming on Jorgensen's station is just a temp place holder to put something over the air to move the needles while they test the equipment. And WFLL is fully installed and has new home at the WEXY 1520 AM transmitter site.

Are they still operating at reduced power? I put on 1400 this morning at around 7:30 on Commercial Blvd. near University and only got static. At one point they were operating at 500 watts, daytime only, which was done to keep the license from automatically expiring due to it being silent for so long. If Glades Media will be the owner and/or operator I believe they will need to either have studios in the market (WEXY's new digs?) or get a waiver from the FCC to operate from their studios in Clewiston. As for WAFC, I can get the station pretty good in the daytime (Seals and Crofts drifting out of the radio on my patio on a Saturday afternoon is downright charming IMHO) but they don't really brand themselves as a South Florida station. Even their imaging says 'we're rocking the Glades!'

I wouldn't mind hearing the Classic Hits format they have on WAFC duplicated on WFLL but if they stick with WAFZ's programming it will fill a niche in Broward.

Getting further off topic, I though Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel on WAFC was superior to the Westwood One format they currently air. Too bad he gave it up, but he certainly had a good reason!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom