• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

San Francisco Ratings November 2016

The Breeze is flying past KOIT. Panic mode at 96.5??? Will the All Christmas Music help??? Is Charly laughing her ass off??? Is Jack Kulp laughing along with Charly???

Of course Christmas music puts KOIT in 1st place for December and Holiday books, as it should. After that it gets interesting. KOIT has to do something about mornings.

Also interesting: KFOG up to a 2.0 for the first time since before they cleaned house in April.

And Live 105 down to 1.5. I guess KFOG was right, there was an audience for people who thought that Live 105 would be better if they played even more 90s, and even less new music.

And Live 105 down to 1.5. I guess KFOG was right, there was an audience for people who thought that Live 105 would be better if they played even more 90s, and even less new music.

What happened to those rumors that Live 105 was about to flip or be sold? I assumed the KFOG "Evolution" happened so that they could segue to a more alternative mix when Live 105 disappeared.

The 18-34 demo is the bread and butter for Live 105 and they've bounced around the top 10 in the last year. Although their morning show does well 18-34, the rest of the dayparts are not as strong. In fact they recently parted ways with their PM driver, Greg Beharrel. It's likely nothing happens until CBS Radio spins off and the bean counters look at how much they could make with another format like Jack or classic rock vs what they're billing today. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...live-105-san-francisco-search-is-on-for-pm-dr

The 18-34 demo is the bread and butter for Live 105 and they've bounced around the top 10 in the last year. Although their morning show does well 18-34, the rest of the dayparts are not as strong. In fact they recently parted ways with their PM driver, Greg Beharrel. It's likely nothing happens until CBS Radio spins off and the bean counters look at how much they could make with another format like Jack or classic rock vs what they're billing today. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...live-105-san-francisco-search-is-on-for-pm-dr

I wonder if classic rock or Jack would do better, though. There is already the Bone, and Entercom abandoned the KFOX simulcast. There was also the Max format for several years on 95.7, similar to Jack, but they gave up on that years ago.

I was a devoted listener of Live 105 in the 80s (I had listened to The Quake before that) but ever since CBS took it over it's been a shadow of its former self. I hardly even bother listening to it at all nowadays, every time I tune it in they're usually playing Nirvana or some other overplayed track from the 90s when they SHOULD be playing something new from today that I haven't heard a thousand times already. Would be sad if it went to a "play it safe" format like Jack FM rather than revamping what they used to do best, but I'm surprised it's held on this long in its current state.

I realize that these are just the "beauty contest" numbers and aren't very relevant to the demographics advertisers care about...but there are a couple of interesting things. KDFC doing well considering their challenged signal. KBLX not doing so good despite the fact they no longer have competition from KISQ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom